Fully-Charged Notification

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Is there an N7 setting or app that will alert me audibly and/or visually that battery charging of my Nexus is complete (100%) ?

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Glad you cited this since it is exactly the app I am using. App says that there should be a "fully charged" sound but does not seem to work. Must be a N7 or app setting I missed.
If this feature works for someone please tell me how. Thanks.

vmurph

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I use "BATTERY WIDGET" by Elvison. The sound works perfectly on the new N7 FHD.

It also has other criteria you can set, besides "fully charged". You can also set it to alert you when it's low (you select a percentage), and you can even have it alert you for battery health and temperature thresholds.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Light Flow is good for this. Unfortunately, N7 only has a white led, but you can set it to blink (or stay on solid) when battery is charged. Works well, but better on N4, cause N4 has color led. I set it to orange while charging and green when charged on N4, but white is OK on N7.

Conversely, you can have led light up while it is charging, but shut off when charged, which I do, and works well.

Posted via Android Central App

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Another option is using the Dashclock widget on your lock screen. Download the battery extension and it'll tell you whether it's fully charged or not without unlocking the tablet. There are a lot of extensions for Dashclock. I use weather, Gmail and the battery widget.

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
For these alerts to work I assume N7 needs to be in "sleep" mode while charging -- or will they work if N7 is simply powered "off" while charging?

vmurph

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
For these alerts to work I assume N7 needs to be in "sleep" mode while charging -- or will they work if N7 is simply powered "off" while charging?
Correct. The device can't do anything when it's powered all the way off.

I wish it had a tiny LED charging indicator next to the usb port, like my kindle.

Joe Joejoe

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
too specific of a feature. the device takes maybe 2 hours to charge, do we really need a notification? what scenario does that come in handy where you need to know the EXACT second that the device is fully charged. a bit too obsessive compulsive.

you can easily determine from the percentage by how long it will take to charge. let's say 2 hours to full charge. 50% takes an hour, 25% takes a half hour, etc etc. it's not like you need a full charge either. charge it once every night and be assured that you'll wake up to a fully powered device. if you run low during the day, just plug in for a little while. of all the things to worry about in life, this isn't one of them.

tyler durden was right -- the things you own end up owning you!