non responsive touch screen

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
So far this has happened three times where the tablet will not respond to my touch for a few seconds then respond. It will keep happening until I restart the device... I am running kitkat anyone else getting this?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem a lot on 5 2013 Nexus 7's ...it was really frustrating. Then I got my 6th...and it was fine...even with Kit Kat...and now with SlimBeans ROM 4.3.1. Do you by any chance have any case on your Nexus 7?

morky

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, my screen works well most of the time but sometimes I have to keep stabbing at it. It is especially difficult when I have to fill in surveys and press a circle. KitKat has made no difference.

bubba3595

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
The only issue I have had is at certain angles, the screen is completely unresponsive. When I move it to a different angle, screen is find. Its quirky sometimes, but I have learned how to hold it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
If you have a screen protector, try removing it. I had the SPG screen protector that caused the apparent grounding issue. It went away completely when it was removed.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If you have a screen protector, try removing it. I had the SPG screen protector that caused the apparent grounding issue. It went away completely when it was removed.

I wondered about that and have not put screen protector on this one yet...but that does worry me. :-(

N7

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
My advise for this issue from personal experience and reading on the forums:

Step 0: Consider whether you are within your return/exchange period. If you are, note how much time you have to experiment before you're stuck with the device in case the troubleshooting below doesn't help. It's fairly likely to be a software issue that can be resolved, so don't rush to return/exchange it, but if you're on your last day to do so, you might want to just go ahead & do that to be safe.
Step 1: Reboot and test.
Step 2: If you have a case, remove it and test.
Step 3: If you have a screen protector, remove it and test.
Step 4: Factory reset and test with minimal apps installed.
Step 5: Return/exchange/talk to Google/Asus about warranty repair/replacement.

Of course, the order of steps 2-4 are really up to your preference, I just put them in the order I figured most people would prefer, since it's generally easier, faster, more easily reversible to do in that order. But I could see, for example, someone with a pricey/nice screen protector being more willing to do a factory reset than remove & possibly not be able to reuse their screen protector.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez