Which Weather Widget/App?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I alternate between a few different weather apps; depending on how accurate I find them to be at the time.

I use The Weather Network at the moment, but I sometimes find that it's not often accurate. What the Forecast, other than being "humorous", is apparently accurate enough.

I'd recommend doing some research on the Google Play Store and seeing which apps have the highest amount of downloads and highest ratings. While not an exact science, oftentimes the apps that have the highest number of downloads and the best ratings are the most legitimate and have a fairly good reputation.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: When it comes to weather apps I Stay with the default-1 called the
"Weather Network" that came installed on my Sam_Gs7 : I live in a
cold country called-Canada and use this app..Mostly in winter to
check the "Temperature before leave to work" other than
that forMe it doesn't matter its special features

Last edited:

stars4jon

Sep 27, 2017
Visit site
I use two different ones. since I am am amateur astronomer and astro photographer. I use Dark Sky for my day to day stuff. it's a subscription at $3.99/ yr. Very detailed, accurate and accepts reports on conditions. The other is Astrospheric. It provides cloud, transparency, seeing, jet stream, aerosol optical depth, satellite and light pollution map overlays. It is not a widget but it's very detailed for my needs.

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Going between AccuWeather (the standard and very reliable) and Today Weather. TW is very pretty and apparently uses AW info. I'd heard recently that AW sells tracking info so I was looking elsewhere.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Going between AccuWeather (the standard and very reliable) and Today Weather. TW is very pretty and apparently uses AW info. I'd heard recently that AW sells tracking info so I was looking elsewhere.

I've used Today Weather, and really enjoyed it.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I like Todays Weather for their widget and The Weather Channel for the details, especially Radar.

HD Widgets provides some great 1x1 weather widget options and you can make it link to the app of your choice. It's the widget I often go back to.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I like Todays Weather for their widget and The Weather Channel for the details, especially Radar.

HD Widgets provides some great 1x1 weather widget options and you can make it link to the app of your choice. It's the widget I often go back to.

Thanks for recommending that widget!

digitalzen

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried Weather Underground: Forecasts? Minimal widget if you prefer, but the app, if you tap the widget, has a lot of information.

I've been a weather underground member for more than a decade, and have used the app since my HTC Thunderbolt. It's consistently been the most accurate and reliable (and having taught meteorology, I'm a picky user).
I've probably tried them all over the years. Wunderground is still the best choice for me.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been a weather underground member for more than a decade, and have used the app since my HTC Thunderbolt. It's consistently been the most accurate and reliable (and having taught meteorology, I'm a picky user).
I've probably tried them all over the years. Wunderground is still the best choice for me.

Wow, that's so cool that you taught meteorology! I'm a huge weather geek and wanted to take a course in university; but I needed intro Geography to take it - and, let's just say that would've made my GPA go down... 🤣

Side story aside: thank you for that recommendation!

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I have been using Chronus Pro widgets for date,time,weather and battery percentage. The free version has adequate features.Everything updates normally and the widgets are very customisable.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I bypass the middleman and have my own personal weather station that links to the Weather Underground system of weather reporting. My weather station connects wirelessly to Weather Underground through my router to the Internet.

I have the temperature at my house accurate to one tenth of a degree F and precipitation accumulation accurate to one hundredth of an inch updated every 15 seconds. My data connection to Weather Underground is free since I'm supplying Weather Underground with my location data and Weather Underground also gives me an ad free connection in return for my weather data. I now have online charts and graphs of my weather data going back almost two years.

Every 15 seconds my weather station reports temperature, dew point, humidity, precipitation rate, precipitation accumulation, barometric pressure, wind speed, wind direction, solar radiation and UV radiation. Here's a real-time link to my actual weather station so you can see it in action and there is also a picture of the installation you can click on.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KGALOGAN20#history

Here's a link where you can purchase the weather station I have if you're interested:

https://www.ambientweather.com/amws1400ip.html

Richard_Indy

Dec 11, 2017
Visit site
I used MyRadar ad free on my Windows phones and was happy to support MyRadar on my new Note8. I Love the hi-def radar and it has just enough info for the forecast for my taste.

Nazrae

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
I've been using Nova Launcher Prime and AccuWeather app (and widgets) since I bought my Note 2 in 2012. Then my Note 3 in late 2013, with the same setup I previously used but I added DashClock+ and tried few weather widgets from Today Weather, Eye in the Sky Weather, Forecast and BetterWeather. Now my Note 5, same setup as my Note 3 but I got bored of it but used the built-in weather within Nova Launcher by similarly to Google. However, a month ago I've decided to use stock TouchWiz (upgraded from S8 apk) and standard built-in weather app for Samsung devices by AccuWeather in the recent Nougat update.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I use HD Widgets too. It is a great app with lots of options. You can have weather link to AccuWeather or WeatherUnderground. I actually use a 4x1 option to see the 5 day forecast:
154ae599c7952d3f309b4c6c8a7b4a21.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa