Pixel 2 XL or LG V30?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think to say it stutters all over the place is harsh but yeah it is not as quick as the pixel, but then other than maybe the OP5t I have not seen a droid that is.

I agree....I didn't find any serious lag on the V30 but the Pixel is snappier

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That answer will be subjective to your priority between video and still photo on a mobile phone. If you love taking pictures the pixel 2 is a no-brainer. But when it comes to video even though it doesn't really offer anything much better, the choices you have in post-production of the v30 video is really amazing. It can even be told as revolutionary for a smartphone.

I agree: video recording and editing on the V30 is stellar.

bchandler02

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Sounds like the V30 is the better option for my particular use case since I am focused on video. I don't care as much about the editing/post production, I just want the absolute best audio and video quality capture. The V30 sounds like it has a very slight edge here.
Still photos are fine on the V30 for my needs, I have a friend that has one so I am familiar with it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Sounds like the V30 is the better option for my particular use case since I am focused on video. I don't care as much about the editing/post production, I just want the absolute best audio and video quality capture. The V30 sounds like it has a very slight edge here.
Still photos are fine on the V30 for my needs, I have a friend that has one so I am familiar with it.

That's great that you made a decision! My friend just bought the V30 recently, and loves it! Let us know when you get it, and how you are liking it! :)

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Aha! I Googled "butter tart".
A butter tart is a type of small pastry tart highly regarded in Canadian cuisine and considered one of Canada's quintessential treats.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
There is no comparison. The butter tart is miles ahead of the cupcake. Any argument otherwise will surely result in being justifiably ridiculed online and if properly doxxed, on the street as well.

Haha I love how I accidentally started a cuisine segue. Oops! 🤣

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Aha! I Googled "butter tart".
A butter tart is a type of small pastry tart highly regarded in Canadian cuisine and considered one of Canada's quintessential treats.

Yes! We also have mini pecan tarts here which are the same size as butter tarts; but with delectable pecans... Great, now I'm *really* hungry. Sorry if I caused any confusion! I'll link a photo.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes! We also have mini pecan tarts here which are the same size as butter tarts; but with delectable pecans... Great, now I'm *really* hungry. Sorry if I caused any confusion! I'll link a photo.

Not sure which food would be the V30 vs the 2 XL... Hmm...

Attachments

• 37600.jpg
    37600.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 59

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The V30 would use artificial sweeteners and partially hydrogenated veg oil while the Pixels would have butter and sugar.

djdougd

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow.. When I started this thread, I didn't think it would morph into taking about food...Lol! Thank you for all of your feedback... As I stated somewhere in the middle of this thread, it might come down to $$

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow.. When I started this thread, I didn't think it would morph into taking about food...Lol! Thank you for all of your feedback... As I stated somewhere in the middle of this thread, it might come down to $$

I'm so sorry for that unintentional segue; but I'm glad the thread itself was helpful for you!

Agreed: sometimes, it all comes down to funds.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have both, but about to out my v30 for sale. I love the v30 most of the time. Once you use the pixel 2 and see the camera abilities the v30 is just a no go if the camera is important. I love the wide angle but it takes so long to open the camera focus and actually take the picture, then the quality is not even close to the same level as the pixel.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have both, but about to out my v30 for sale. I love the v30 most of the time. Once you use the pixel 2 and see the camera abilities the v30 is just a no go if the camera is important. I love the wide angle but it takes so long to open the camera focus and actually take the picture, then the quality is not even close to the same level as the pixel.

It's a damn shame that LG doesn't do something about their camera. The V30 has lots of potential....much could be improved by fixing the software.

Aneres11

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I had both for a very short time, and I too was disappointed with the LG camera performance.

It took too long to actually take the photo, even in good light. Low light it was much worse.

The phone itself was nice enough, but LG's skin needs a little bit more work. Felt like there was additional swipes / taps to get to something within settings, which is not ideal compared to something like the super user friendly Pixels.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Audio is a good question for me, not wireless but wired.

Ok, so the dongle supplied with the pixel 2 is garbage but the ones from htc and razer are pretty decent plus there are many aftermarket options too.

For a wired connection just how good is the quad dac on the v30 vs the P2

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Audio is a good question for me, not wireless but wired.

Ok, so the dongle supplied with the pixel 2 is garbage but the ones from htc and razer are pretty decent plus there are many aftermarket options too.

For a wired connection just how good is the quad dac on the v30 vs the P2

I've heard some bad things about the Razor.
I think the Google one is pretty good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87