Considering

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm fed up with Sprint and want to ditch my S8 plus for the XL 2 on Fi.. my only concern is no headphone jack. How have you all been coping without it?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I use Bluetooth for most things - headset for calls, stereo headset for music. In car (since I don't have bluetooth in the car) I use the adapter if I want to listen to something from the phone and it's worked well so far.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Does the included Pixel 2 adaptor affect quality wired earphones? Like, does it reduce their quality in any way?

The quality of the headphones can't be reduced...the quality of the sound coming in can. In the case of the Pixel, the adaptor has the DAC built into and sounds better than most phones that still have a 3.5 jack. I also have the adapter from HTC and Razer. The Razer has the most kick to it.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
The quality of the headphones can't be reduced...the quality of the sound coming in can. In the case of the Pixel, the adaptor has the DAC built into and sounds better than most phones that still have a 3.5 jack. I also have the adapter from HTC and Razer. The Razer has the most kick to it.
Thanks Mike!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am fine without it but I have used blue tooth anytime I need media from any of my phones for awhile now.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I truly thought I'd miss it, but I am actually loving and enjoying the dongle. Don't notice anything different and don't think it's a hassle to have the dongle. I think it's just something one will get used to. Plus, I find that I actually enjoy having one less port or opening that can potentially sustain water damage. :) I say go for it!

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I truly thought I'd miss it, but I am actually loving and enjoying the dongle. Don't notice anything different and don't think it's a hassle to have the dongle. I think it's just something one will get used to. Plus, I find that I actually enjoy having one less port or opening that can potentially sustain water damage. :) I say go for it!

I just might when I'm able to buy my phone off of the contract. The pixel 3 might be way too pricey anyway. And I could go another year without a notch.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
my take on no headphone jack missing is not a good move unless u go wirelessly but then it's another thing to charge up.. So I leave the dongle attached to the headphone so I don't lose or carry extra stuff. most my phones need dongles except for S8+ or S9+

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
my take on no headphone jack missing is not a good move unless u go wirelessly but then it's another thing to charge up.. So I leave the dongle attached to the headphone so I don't lose or carry extra stuff. most my phones need dongles except for S8+ or S9+

I leave my dongle attached to my headphones, as well.