Black screen of death

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So my wife's pixel 2. Seems to be work expect the screen( color display). The touch screen works fine but the screen is not working and it's not the backlight that went out either. I've had a phone with the backlight going out and you can still kinda see the screen. That all happened a few days after she agreed to an update. Now my previous 2 phones both Nexus 5x completely dies about a week after the update. Seems like I've had only bad luck with Google phones.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The phone (Pixel 2) should still be in warranty. Contact Google Support for a replacement.

The Nexus 5x - well, those had hardware problems; you're lucky you got about 4 years out of them

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So my wife's pixel 2. Seems to be work expect the screen( color display). The touch screen works fine but the screen is not working and it's not the backlight that went out either. I've had a phone with the backlight going out and you can still kinda see the screen. That all happened a few days after she agreed to an update. Now my previous 2 phones both Nexus 5x completely dies about a week after the update. Seems like I've had only bad luck with Google phones.

The Pixel 2 is OLED and doesn't have a backlight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress