Selling Note 9 for Pixel

RevePro

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I don't know which forum to post this in. I am interested in the new Pixel 3 XL. I'm thinking to sell my 128gb note 9. What's a good price?

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't know which forum to post this in. I am interested in the new Pixel 3 XL. I'm thinking to sell my 128gb note 9. What's a good price?

Why would you do that? I think the 2 phones are almost equal with the Note having a slight edge. Bigger battery,S pen expandable storage,double the ram, Samsung Pay vs slightly better camera,stock software and fast updates

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Why would you do that? I don't think that the Note is necessarily better than the Pixel, but you paid a fairly high price for it (if you bought it yourself.) You must have had a reason for that. So you need to think about whether the Pixel will meet your needs better than the Note that you had been willing to spend so much money on.

RevePro

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Why would you do that? I think the 2 phones are almost equal with the Note having a slight edge. Bigger battery,S pen expandable storage,double the ram, Samsung Pay vs slightly better camera,stock software and fast updates
I love the note and I'm a huge Samsung fan! Even had the s9+. I just have wanted to try the Pixel for sometime, but never made the switch. I should have waited for the Pixel instead of buying the note 9.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Pixel 3 XL slightly better camera, but worse with recorded videos, faster updates. Other than that, the Note 9 is the superior device.

Last edited:

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have the Note9 and also picked up a Pixel 3 XL. (buddy will buy my Note at close to full price) After having the 3XL for 4 days I'm not sure you will be overly happy switching. I'm still undecided. Great experience but I have had some RAM issues. Apps have just closed too quickly. If I'm listening to audio and I'm completing other tasks the audio app will shut down. If I go from app to app they are having to restart for too frequently.

I do love just about everything else. it's fast smooth and has a great screen.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I have the Note9 and also picked up a Pixel 3 XL. (buddy will buy my Note at close to full price) After having the 3XL for 4 days I'm not sure you will be overly happy switching. I'm still undecided. Great experience but I have had some RAM issues. Apps have just closed too quickly. If I'm listening to audio and I'm completing other tasks the audio app will shut down. If I go from app to app they are having to restart for too frequently.

I do love just about everything else. it's fast smooth and has a great screen.

You ever do Google activity.
My Google activity pops up.
Go to delete my Google activity since the beginning of time.
Then delete history.
Reboot your phone and use it.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Keep the Note 9. It's the better overall phone for the money. The only two things you'd be getting with the Pixel 3/XL (vs the Note 9) are fast updates and the best camera phone for photos. Everything else about the devices is "meh".

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Keep the Note 9. It's the better overall phone for the money. The only two things you'd be getting with the Pixel 3/XL (vs the Note 9) are fast updates and the best camera phone for photos. Everything else about the devices is "meh".

Then again, timely security updates and the camera might be more important to you. :cool:

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I'd suggest you sell the Note 9. I can't describe the difference between Samsung devices and even mid-range $200 devices. Samsungs are fast at first but quickly degrade. Stock Android devices like the Pixel are much faster and stay fast. I've confirmed this against my S8 after demoing the Pixel 3 XL.

Ultimately your choice, notch vs better camera and long-term software.

what notch?

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I had a Google Pixel 2XL and mistakingly downgraded to a Note 9.i absolutely hated the note 9. It had the worst camera of any phone I've had in the past 5 years.

I went back out and got a pixel 2 XL and the note 9 sat on my nightstand. I recently traded that note 9 for Google pixel 3XL. I now have a Google pixel 3XL and a Google pixel 2 XL as a spare. I could not be happier with the 3XL.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
If Samsung could get their act together with their cameras, i would probably pickup the note 9. It's only $900 at TMobile, so compared to the 64gb 3 xl it's a pretty good value. The camera, bixby and dealing with all of Samsung duplicate apps when i just want to use Google's is why i would have a hard time adjusting to it coming from the 2xl.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38