Screen saver brightness

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Suddenly after no changes were made, my clock screen saver has turned very dim. I can hardly read it. What happened?
U

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Can you describe the settings you have for each option under display in settings? Also, what is the lighting like in your surroundings when this happened(Florescent lighting, Outside, dark room..etc)

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Suddenly after no changes were made, my clock screen saver has turned very dim. I can hardly read it. What happened?
U
And are you referring to ambient display when your phone is locked and you see the clock or when you are on the desktop with your phone on. More info pls..

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Ambient light is off in the smartphone. I haven't made any changes yet the display is dim in screen saver, clock mode. Here is the screenshot.

There's no screenshot. Be aware if the screen has a defect it won't show on a screenshot. It will only show if it's a software issue

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hard to tell as far as I can tell ambient always on display is on are you referring to the clock being dimmed when the screen is locked or when unlocked and you are using your phone. Btw the phone has adaptive brightness and if you swipe down 2 x from the top and being down the notifications at the top you have a slider that you can adjust as far as the brightness even though you have it set to auto you tweaking it the phone will learn your preference and adopt to your preference like a learning curve. See screenshot attached. Hope this helps. Thank you.
1c4a14c9a8584751b308f7f7b409f56a.jpg

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hard to tell as far as I can tell ambient always on display is on are you referring to the clock being dimmed when the screen is locked or when unlocked and you are using your phone. Btw the phone has adaptive brightness and if you swipe down 2 x from the top and being down the notifications at the top you have a slider that you can adjust as far as the brightness even though you have it set to auto you tweaking it the phone will learn your preference and adopt to your preference like a learning curve. See screenshot attached. Hope this helps. Thank you. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190104/1c4a14c9a8584751b308f7f7b409f56a.jpg

Thanks for hanging in there. I'm really thick on this subject. The screen saver screen is always dim no matter if it's charging, or if I use the display now. What bothers me is that I didn't change any settings. The screen saver was always bright before. I'm about ready to stop trying to fix this and just live with the problem. Thanks again for your help

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Aww yeah he must be talking about either the always on display and being dark which it's supposed too bc he had always on display on or maybe yes as mentioned above is this happening when you dock it to Google pixel stand wireless charger? If so at night it's always dark and during the day if you enabled live photos it will display your photos during the day. I think you might be referring to the screen being dark and dimmer with always on display. Does it look like this?? See image attached.
5206b20a65401e7c5659e8da9e04e649.jpg

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Can you screenshot the part of the clock being dimmed that you are referring too? Press volume down + power button to capture a screenshot.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Aww yeah he must be talking about either the always on display and being dark which it's supposed too bc he had always on display on or maybe yes as mentioned above is this happening when you dock it to Google pixel stand wireless charger? If so at night it's always dark and during the day if you enabled live photos it will display your photos during the day. I think you might be referring to the screen being dark and dimmer with always on display. Does it look like this?? See image attached. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190104/5206b20a65401e7c5659e8da9e04e649.jpg

He must be talking about either one

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
You might be on the right track. However, I can't find the screen for Sunrise Alarm. I have a Pixel 3. How do I get to that screen?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You might be on the right track. However, I can't find the screen for Sunrise Alarm. I have a Pixel 3. How do I get to that screen?

Once you have your phone docked on the pixel stand on the screen right top it should be gear icon click on it.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean by using Dock. I manually turn on the screen saver while it's on the Pixel charger stand. I don't have any security in a screen lock. Help a dummy. Take me through the steps. Thanks again for your patience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress