Unable to hear phone ring when in back pocket

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I have been missing calls, especially when I place my phone in my back pocket. I am wondering if the phone thinks it's flipped to shh and is the reason why I do not hear nor feel the vibration when a call comes in? Yes I have my volume up (not all the way of course, but loud enough to where I should be able to hear it).

Wondering if this happens with others?

I guess I could try to disable flip to shh to see if that is the culprit, but I do really like the feature when I really do need to silent my phone.

Any feedback is appreciated

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That sure sounds like it might be the problem. Just turn it off and ask somebody to test-call you.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I would never put my phone in a back pocket but since I'm hard of hearing I downloaded some loud ringtones for notices of appointments, emails, and text messages. I'm deaf enough I don't do phone calls.

When I was looking for loud ringtones one I ran across was a very loud fart. I didn't download it but since you carry your phone in your hip pocket perhaps you'd find it amusing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When I was looking for loud ringtones one I ran across was a very loud fart. I didn't download it but since you carry your phone in your hip pocket perhaps you'd find it amusing.

Uh-oh, I think you may have planted this idea in too many minds here now!:p

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Vibration is a very week vibrate, too, even at max vibrate setting as compared to other phoes I've had like the Moto XPE

Yep the MXPE was a real shaker, when it vibrated I would have to get to it quick if it was on a table, or it would run across and jump off lol.