WiFi Issue

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Overall my 6 Pro experience has been pretty awesome! There's a few quirks here and there I've run into but figured that'd be the case with a newly released phone and first gen chip.

The one thing I keep running into that's driving me nuts though has to do with WiFi ... Every once in a while I'll notice I'm not connected to my home WiFi network. When I go into settings it says: "Connected to device. Can't provide internet". I can disconnect and reconnect and it'll be fine for a good while but eventually it'll happen again.

I did a clean install when I got the device (no app/data transfer from my old device). I've tried forgetting my WiFi network and adding it again but no luck. Haven't done a network reset yet because I am too lazy to add all my Bluetooth devices again but thinking I'm going to have to go that route eventually. This is the only device in my house doing this ... I have several other phones (even a couple iPhones), 4 Chromebooks, 2 smart TVs and a windows laptop that use the same WiFi network without issue.

Just curious if anyone has ever come across this before, whether it be with the Pixel 6 or otherwise. Maybe there's a setting I need to change on my router?? Just not sure why it's only one device acting out.

(Thanks for reading my long winded post LOL)

Screenshot_20211030-060624~2.jpg

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Overall my 6 Pro experience has been pretty awesome! There's a few quirks here and there I've run into but figured that'd be the case with a newly released phone and first gen chip.

The one thing I keep running into that's driving me nuts though has to do with WiFi ... Every once in a while I'll notice I'm not connected to my home WiFi network. When I go into settings it says: "Connected to device. Can't provide internet". I can disconnect and reconnect and it'll be fine for a good while but eventually it'll happen again.

I did a clean install when I got the device (no app/data transfer from my old device). I've tried forgetting my WiFi network and adding it again but no luck. Haven't done a network reset yet because I am too lazy to add all my Bluetooth devices again but thinking I'm going to have to go that route eventually. This is the only device in my house doing this ... I have several other phones (even a couple iPhones), 4 Chromebooks, 2 smart TVs and a windows laptop that use the same WiFi network without issue.

Just curious if anyone has ever come across this before, whether it be with the Pixel 6 or otherwise. Maybe there's a setting I need to change on my router?? Just not sure why it's only one device acting out.

(Thanks for reading my long winded post LOL)

View attachment 338340
That sucks. Do far in on day 3 and no disconnect issues from my wifi.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Hey brother, sorry to see you having an issue. What do you have on the setting below? Maybe click on the third one and see if that helps
d8748972f11f20a9bfb7b03244f688a5.jpg

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
I don't have it either - unlocked from Google Store - IIRC there was an option to turn that on
during set up - which I chose

Screenshot_20211030-080715.jpg

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Interesting. I wonder how I got it there then lol

Oh wait, just realized I'm on Verizon. Can someone else who's on Verizon verify if they see that setting?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Interesting. I wonder how I got it there then lol

Oh wait, just realized I'm on Verizon. Can someone else who's on Verizon verify if they see that setting?
I'm on Verizon with a Verizon model Pixel 6 and I don't have that third option either. Still setting up the phone, but connected to my Wifi right now and that option isn't there.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I'm on Verizon with a Verizon model Pixel 6 and I don't have that third option either. Still setting up the phone, but connected to my Wifi right now and that option isn't there.
Okay, keep us posted. I'm thinking you should have it once all set up..

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
This is beyond frustrating ... Been up since 6AM and it's now just after 11AM and it's happened like 4 times already. Going to try resetting network settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38