Pixel 6 is 2nd best phone of 2021 IMO

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't put the Pixel 6 or 6 Pro up near the Galaxy S21 Ultra. The S21U is substantially better in many ways, both in hardware and in software.

I'm glad Samsung didn't implement Android 12 similar to go the Pixel did, because there are some truly awful design decisions that make accessing functions unnecessarily bloated. Add to the plethora of serious bugs the Pixel 6 has had and the very slow response from Google to address them, I don't think you can put the Pixels on the Galaxy phones level at all.
Putting the pixel 6 number 2 isn't putting it on the same level as the S21 Ultra, I don't know why y'all think that lol doesn't make sense.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So glad the third time was the charm for you, and that you are liking the Pixel 6! Samsung and Pixel are neck and neck for me, too, in many ways!

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
He do be mad, though. And a bit ironic lol.

LMAO, I'm not mad just emphatic! The points I made about the SGS21U cannot really be debated though! There's nothing I said that was untrue! And, I suppose the ironic part could be where I said Sammy fans self worth is tied to their phones, but it's really not ironic. Take this for what it's worth. There's not a single phone tech article that you can read that is non Sammy related, that you won't get low ego Sammy fanboys chiming in about how their Sammy is better. Even iPhone users have gotten beyond that stigma. It's hard to believe Sammy fans are still doing this after a decade. The post is about the Google pixel not Sammy, so you can't really say my post is a little ironic. But, the vitriol comes from reading years of Sammy fanboys saying, SAMMY IS BETTER! And, I just decided to point out in my post, NOT SO MUCH! LOLOL! I've used the best Sammy had to offer, and yeah, Not so much!

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
LMAO, I'm not mad just emphatic! The points I made about the SGS21U cannot really be debated though! There's nothing I said that was untrue! And, I suppose the ironic part could be where I said Sammy fans self worth is tied to their phones, but it's really not ironic. Take this for what it's worth. There's not a single phone tech article that you can read that is non Sammy related, that you won't get low ego Sammy fanboys chiming in about how their Sammy is better. Even iPhone users have gotten beyond that stigma. It's hard to believe Sammy fans are still doing this after a decade. The post is about the Google pixel not Sammy, so you can't really say my post is a little ironic. But, the vitriol comes from reading years of Sammy fanboys saying, SAMMY IS BETTER! And, I just decided to point out in my post, NOT SO MUCH! LOLOL! I've used the best Sammy had to offer, and yeah, Not so much!
To be fair some of the points if not all i agree with, however, at the end of the day it's still preference & for me it's #teampixel for the laundry list of features you mentioned above.

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
The big draw for me with Pixel phones is the vanilla Android experience. I also love the price of Pixels compared to more premium Android offerings and iPhones. I can't speak to all the hoopla surrounding the Pixel 6/6Pro as I'm using a Pixel 5, but I do love it!

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Oh, they're debatable. The truck is to not being a "fan" of either.

The pixel call features definitely seem useful, though not really to me. And I'm not even sure how many work in the UK. You're not wrong about Samsung having a bloatware and crapware problem... The fact that I see a scary "security disabled" message in device care which is actually an ad for McAfee and having Facebook, LinkedIn even Fortnite pre-installed on a device I paid £1200 for is frankly offensive. But the wi-fi toggle is more irritating daily.

I don't know about Samsung pay, I use Google pay. Don't have problems with Bixby,I use assistant. I do use Bixby routines, which are awesome I don't know what "Bixby off the rip?" Means... I think the giving random people your credit card info forthemes is a you thing, don't do that.

It's ironic because pixel fans are the same. As are iPhone fans. All fans of anything are pretty much insufferable when they get going lol.

Last edited:

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
My data for the second time dropped. It took about two minutes to get my connection back. This is a serious issue, last time my data cut off, I was HOLDING MY iPhone 4 WRONG. LOL

I'm not understanding what Google is doing here.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
The big draw for me with Pixel phones is the vanilla Android experience. I also love the price of Pixels compared to more premium Android offerings and iPhones. I can't speak to all the hoopla surrounding the Pixel 6/6Pro as I'm using a Pixel 5, but I do love it!

Vanilla (or rather, Pixel) experience used to be a big draw for me too, but with the Pixel on Android 12....I might prefer OneUI. Especially since from what I've seen with the new OneUI, they haven't 'Androidified' OneUI 4.0 with Android 12. They've kept their aesthetic and functions similar to what they were. I'm not a fan of Android 12 and the design decisions they've made.

Oh, they're debatable. The meet us to not being a "fan"if either.

The pixel call features definitely seem useful, though not really to me. And I'm not even sure how many work in the UK. You're not wrong about Samsung having a bloatware and crapware problem... The fact that I see a scary "security disabled" message in device care which is actually an ad for McAfee and having Facebook, LinkedIn even Fortnite pre-installed on a device I paid £1200 for is frankly offensive. But the wi-fi toggle is more irritating daily.

I don't know about Samsung pay, I use Google pay. Don't have problems with Bixby,I use assistant. I do use Bixby routines, which are awesome I don't know what "Bixby off the rip?" Means... I think the giving random people your credit card info forthemes is a you thing, don't do that.

It's ironic because pixel fans are the same. As are iPhone fans. All fans of anything are pretty much insufferable when they get going lol.

Yeah the points were definitely debatable lol. I mean if you don't want to use Samsung apps/services, you don't have to. Can set Google Assistant as the default assistant and you'll never see Bixby again. Don't like Samsung Pay? Fine, use Google Pay.

But things like the fingerprint sensor, screen, speakers, battery life are just so much better on the Samsung. Really tempted to go back to Samsung with the S22U.