Here's another pixel problem.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, all of a sudden my volume rocker will not work. I've tried a reboot, nothing. The phone was not dropped, did n9t get wet, nothing. Just stopped working. Any help would be appreciated.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I predict an Android Authority article: "Some Pixel users are saying their volume rocker aren't working." Then the top comment will be the same clown named DBZ, who will paste a list of things that he assumes is affecting all Pixels. I no longer read their garbage. Anyhow, if you are still in the grace period, you should maybe RMA it.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, all of a sudden my volume rocker will not work. I've tried a reboot, nothing. The phone was not dropped, did n9t get wet, nothing. Just stopped working. Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE-Well prior to seeing all these helpful articles, i held diwn the power and volume up buttons and when i got to that screen I just hit restart and it came back to life. I'm not sure about any of you, but I never had issues with my galaxy phones or ky zte axon7.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE-Well prior to seeing all these helpful articles, i held diwn the power and volume up buttons and when i got to that screen I just hit restart and it came back to life. I'm not sure about any of you, but I never had issues with my galaxy phones or ky zte axon7.
I've had zero issues with my pixel, or the 5x before it

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had zero of the issues you're describing on my Pixel XL.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
@rumblee1

Wow, this camera was rated the best? That's a laugh. After trying to take stills and video shots during the holidays, my pixel simply could not auto focus. Good thing I kept my galaxy s7 edge. It saved my holidays. No issues with that camera. On both, settings were set to auto. What the heck is wrong with the pixel. Its high time that all reviewers, re-reviewed this device. I can't wait for the S8.

I started a thread on here regarding the horrible video quality of the pixel. Funny you said it was around holiday time because I was taking video of my son opening his gifts and it was a messy blur, could not autofocus and the amount of noise was ridiculous. There is something wrong with the video quality on this device. The camera is excellent. I'm also coming from an S7 edge and I had to run upstairs to get the S7 so I could take more videos. Very disappointing as the pixel is an amazing overall device

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't think anybody has had any issues the way you described that weren't fixed with cleaning the case and/or phone.

You seem pretty upset and I'm sure it happened so don't take this as a slight. If it isn't dirty, I wish you the best this new year and hope it's resolved

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I predict an Android Authority article: "Some Pixel users are saying their volume rocker aren't working." Then the top comment will be the same clown named DBZ, who will paste a list of things that he assumes is affecting all Pixels. I no longer read their garbage. Anyhow, if you are still in the grace period, you should maybe RMA it.

Lol....and then BGR(apple central hehe) will start, then DroidLife and so on.....

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site

Well I had a Galaxy Note 7 ... so yes I have had issues with Galaxy

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
@rumblee1

Wow, this camera was rated the best? That's a laugh. After trying to take stills and video shots during the holidays, my pixel simply could not auto focus. Good thing I kept my galaxy s7 edge. It saved my holidays. No issues with that camera. On both, settings were set to auto. What the heck is wrong with the pixel. Its high time that all reviewers, re-reviewed this device. I can't wait for the S8.

I started a thread on here regarding the horrible video quality of the pixel. Funny you said it was around holiday time because I was taking video of my son opening his gifts and it was a messy blur, could not autofocus and the amount of noise was ridiculous. There is something wrong with the video quality on this device. The camera is excellent. I'm also coming from an S7 edge and I had to run upstairs to get the S7 so I could take more videos. Very disappointing as the pixel is an amazing overall device

Here it is new years day. Trying to take pics of the grandchildren. I took my pixel out of it's case and started in video mode. The phone just kept trying to focus but couldn't. It kept making a ratchety sound when trying. I'm in a very well lit room. It's doing this in still mode too. Once again I'm in auto mode as recommended by Google. I switched to my S7 edge and having no issues with that camera. It's working flawlessly. I wonder if a FDR is warranted?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Here it is new years day. Trying to take pics of the grandchildren. I took my pixel out of it's case and started in video mode. The phone just kept trying to focus but couldn't. It kept making a ratchety sound when trying. I'm in a very well lit room. It's doing this in still mode too. Once again I'm in auto mode as recommended by Google. I switched to my S7 edge and having no issues with that camera. It's working flawlessly. I wonder if a FDR is warranted?
I'm not having issues with still shots using the camera. Camera to me is amazing. The video recording however is really really bad and I can't believe others have not complained about this. Outdoors the video quality is fine. Indoors is a whole other story

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Man.. Sorry to hear that. I've taken a lot of stills, but only a handful of video (5-8). I haven't had any of the issues discussed on this thread. You know, in some ways I feel like this is really the true Beta testing period for the phone.

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Man.. Sorry to hear that. I've taken a lot of stills, but only a handful of video (5-8). I haven't had any of the issues discussed on this thread. You know, in some ways I feel like this is really the true Beta testing period for the phone.

These are the same threads that pop up when any flagship is released and doesn't embrace the enthusiasts needs.

First, everybody gets upset that their specific needs aren't met and it's repeated ad nauseam. Then, everybody seems so excited to prove their point they try to find the next big problem.

The attitude gets in the way of many great phones. Apple isn't terrible, not HTC, Motorola, or many others. They're amazing phones. We should be so lucky we can complain about such silly "problems"

At the end of the day, it's always seemed that the product that pleases the enthusiasts is typically the most successful. I believe, those enthusiasts are asked by friends and loved ones to help decide their next device. I think Google needs to pay attention to that but it surely doesn't mean any of the phones are better than the next.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

This started while trying to take pics on Christmas eve. It was a decent camera prior. Something must have happened with software. Thank goodness I keep multiple phones. I've tried a reboot, but to no avail. I'll give it the old FDR. If that doesn't fix it, it's Hello Google. Help. I'm somewhat perplexed with this device. It just hasn't been the creme dela creme that it was supposed to be.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, stills ok in good light. Video not so much, still can't seem to focus or the focus goes off partway through a 8 second video. I know many people think the camera is great but what I keep seeing across forums is that the pixel xl is very inconsistent. Some of them are fine. Some just aren't, not just with the camera. Bad quality control in my opinion.