mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I never see in the reviews what kind of equalizer the pixel has if any. What does it have? Is it as good as the Samsung Galaxy S7 sound settings and equalizer?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I actually prefer PowerAmp as my music player, but here is the Play Music equalizer and, beneath it, the PowerAmp equalizer:

Screenshot_20170104-162622.jpg
Screenshot_20170104-162701.jpg

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I actually prefer PowerAmp as my music player, but here is the Play Music equalizer and, beneath it, the PowerAmp equalizer:

I use Poweramp but that equalizer don't work for Spotify or other streaming players. The Google EQ doesn't have sliders for the freq I want. Has anybody tried any 3rd party global EQ apps on the Pixel? I would rather have a phone with a good one out of the box. Like the Samsungs. I had a one m7 before and it didn't have a real EQ and the 3rd party ones would quit working half the time on it.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I use Poweramp but that equalizer don't work for Spotify or other streaming players. The Google EQ doesn't have sliders for the freq I want. Has anybody tried any 3rd party global EQ apps on the Pixel? I would rather have a phone with a good one out of the box. Like the Samsungs. I had a one m7 before and it didn't have a real EQ and the 3rd party ones would quit working half the time on it.

Have you ever read any of the many studies that proved that aficionados and even wine "experts" cannot tell the difference between very expensive wines and typical grocery store stuff in blind taste tests?

I suspect the same applies to those who think they need 20 or 30 frequency ranges on their equalizer. :)

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Have you ever read any of the many studies that proved that aficionados and even wine "experts" cannot tell the difference between very expensive wines and typical grocery store stuff in blind taste tests?

I suspect the same applies to those who think they need 20 or 30 frequency ranges on their equalizer. :)
I don't need that many. I just don't like the bass frequencies the Google one has. It has 2xx Hz but no 1xx Hz frequency.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

As the OP has noted, it's not about having tons of adjustability but rather having said adjustability in the right places. Bass adjustment for example, many crappy EQs pull up mid bass frequencies in addition to subs when all one might have wanted was a boost of 120Hz and below.

That said, one of the things I like to run on my rooted Android devices is the combination of Dolby Atmos and Viper4Android. With the two one has excellent control over audio. No other EQ on play store comes close.

Running them requires special installation though.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/pixel-xl/themes/mod-weta-audio-t3491179/page26

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
As the OP has noted, it's not about having tons of adjustability but rather having said adjustability in the right places. Bass adjustment for example, many crappy EQs pull up mid bass frequencies in addition to subs when all one might have wanted was a boost of 120Hz and below.

That said, one of the things I like to run on my rooted Android devices is the combination of Dolby Atmos and Viper4Android. With the two one has excellent control over audio. No other EQ on play store comes close.

Running them requires special installation though.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/pixel-xl/themes/mod-weta-audio-t3491179/page26
You got the nail on the head. You explained it better then me. I wish there was a global EQ as good as Poweramp's EQ. I've used lots of players and EQs and none compare. I don't know what they did different with Poweramp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress