Verizon Pixel Oreo update.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
So I have a Pixel XL on Verizon and purchased from Verizon. I haven't gotten the Oreo update yet and wasn't expecting to. But I figured I would start the thread to keep track of anyone with a Verizon store purchased Pixel to keep updated as to when they receive the Oreo update on their phone. I am curious to see if this update keeps up with the Google store pixels or if Verizon finds a way to slow it down as they do with many other updates for other manufacturers.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
This phone is 10 months old and has gotten updates at the exact same pace the entire time on Verizon's network. Fwiw, I'm using a Google store pixel on vzw and have gotten the update

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon purchased XL and have not received the update. I commend Verizon on giving us the security updates the same as everyone else each month. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see Verizon giving a Verizon purchased device a full OS update without tinkering with it first.

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
My VZ Pixel XL
58404406e497b8ab5e77e48a90325678.jpg

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I have a Verizon purchased XL and have not received the update. I commend Verizon on giving us the security updates the same as everyone else each month. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see Verizon giving a Verizon purchased device a full OS update without tinkering with it first.
I think it's great they got us the security updates quickly as well. Hopefully Google supplied Verizon with a version in advance so they could prepare and be ready just like the security updates.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Sometimes it isn't even tinkering, but simply to check stability on the network before releasing it. Verizon doesn't like the way apple does it, every time apple messes up an update the carriers get angry customers. Although most phones they do need to install their latest bloat.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
So if you go the beta route do you have to opt out? Or will you get Android P beta's when that time comes? If you opt out after the official build does it wipe your phone like if you opt out of a Developer Preview?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87