Anyone buy?

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I likely would have had I not bought a FB Sense earlier this year to replace my Charge 2. I actually got the Galaxy Watch 4, but Samsung Health is garbage IMO, so I returned it and got another FB.

Looking forward to unboxing and first impressions from others. Good chance I'll likely end up pulling the trigger eventually.

kh965

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I bought one, pretty much for the fitbit features so I can stop wearing my samsung watch and my fitbit.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I haven't even seen it yet. I planned to watch the announcement and then just didn't. I'm almost certain the pixel watch will not be as good as my watch 5 pro, so it's easy to forget to pay attention.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I haven't even seen it yet. I planned to watch the announcement and then just didn't. I'm almost certain the pixel watch will not be as good as my watch 5 pro, so it's easy to forget to pay attention.

I'm waiting on reviews for this one. I love the look and am definitely hopeful the integrations with Pixel will be drastically better than those matched with Samsung's watches, but need to hold off a bit.

I have a Samsung Watch 3 now which still runs fine... but I can trade it in to Samsung for a very nice credit (or even turn my ancient 1st generation Huawei Watch for a nice credit) to bring the effective price of the Watch 5 to 1/2 the price of the Pixel Watch.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I too prefer Fitbit over Samsung Health. My Fitbit Inspire 2 is still working well (thankfully!), so I won't be upgrading it for a while.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I bought one. I'm tired of resetting my gw5pro everytime I switch from my zf4 to pixel
I changed my mind on this. When they claim about a days worth battery that gave me pause. I'd rather get another gw5, it would be cheaper as well.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was out of this loop until I got an email from Google today announcing it can be ordered. My Gear S3's battery life is getting shorter by the week!!

But a question about the 4G versus the BT versions. If one has the 4G (separate account to use the "phone" line), could one default to BT say you did not want to keep paying for the extra "line" to support a watch. In other words would the more expensive version work on BT if one drops the extra carrier charge? I suspect NOT but that would be a guess.

I would be willing to experiment how I like having a watch with its own cell connection but if I decided to was overkill or too expensive and not worth it, I would want to be able to default to a BT connection.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
@FF22 I don't see why it wouldn't work without LTE, as long as you have WiFi or a BT connection to a phone.

Reading more, it appears that the 4g version does also have BT and wifi. I do like my Gear S3. And I also tend to prefer not to have my "fitness" (or fitLESS) tracked by others. Although, I guess at my age no insurance really cares. Will wait for some reviews.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Ordered today via an offer from TMobile for half price if I add a (very cheap) line. It will be my first smart watch and it will be interesting to see how it integrates with the 7P.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone's shipped yet? I bought through Google Fi, but it shows in my regular Google Store account, still shows as prepared to ship but hasn't actually shipped yet..

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
For those of you that have the watch already, will you post how well the battery does? How well the watch does in terms of the battery being able to last all day would really be helpful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon