can't place weather widget on homesceen

harryzwd

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
i was using sense flip clock and weather until sunday's update made the app unresponsive. after uninstalling and reinstalling it still did not work. i downloaded another weather widget made by the same app author and it will not let me place it on my homescreen. the app appears to install correctly but i cannot place the widget.

am i doing something wrong or have i locked the settings of my homescreen somehow.

i'm trying this on a stock Galaxy Nexus purchased from Google.

thank you in advance for any insight!

e2ackbar

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what may have happened on your GN, but I was able to install the Sense Analog Clock from the Google Play Store (free) after one initial failed attempt. I noticed several widgets on Play and tried another that didn't work before getting this one. Hope this helps!

harryzwd

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
i've been able to install another weather/clock widget no problem, just not the "Sense" labeled ones - which in my opinion look best. i'm not sure why initally it worked, than after sunday's update it won't.

harryzwd

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
no, no custom ROM here - not yet anyway. i found another widget that does the trick. i might try to install after they update the app gain. looking at comments for that specific app, it seems others are having the same trouble i am.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Are you using a custom launcher or stock launcher? I would try clearing the cache in whatever launcher your using in settings>applications>all>your launcher.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87