Satisfaction of nexus

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I thought about waiting on the new iPhone, but I have seen the reviews on the Betas of the new IOS6 and Siri is not fixed...it appears Apple is now trying to catch up to android rather than leading the industry! I personally think the new iPhone is going to be a real let down as Apples vision has gone away. Google will soon take their place and rule! Correction already have.

Preach on!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Doug B

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I thought about waiting on the new iPhone, but I have seen the reviews on the Betas of the new IOS6 and Siri is not fixed...it appears Apple is now trying to catch up to android rather than leading the industry! I personally think the new iPhone is going to be a real let down as Apples vision has gone away. Google will soon take their place and rule! Correction already have.

Indeed!

Sent from my (wife's) iPad 2 using Tapatalk HD

brunnels

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
In the last two years there have been only two phones that I have kept for more than three months. One was (is) my iPhone 4S and the other was my Nexus S. nexus phones sure awesome. I really enjoyed the stock experience of Android. The only issue that I had was that there were very few other Android users that had the features I did which was a little problematic. For example, the Nexus S introduced Gingerbread. One of the awesome features of Gingerbread was video chat through Google Talk. It is a great feature, but no one else who had other non-Nexus devices had that. So I was never able to use it. With my iPhone 4S, my wife, daughter, friends, etc. who have an iPad, iPod touch, iPhone, iMac can use the FaceTime feature. In addition, any apps that other iPhone users have, I can have too. With Android, could have an app that I like, and my friend who also has an Android phone may not be able to get the app because his Android device doesn't support it. Other than those issues, I loved everything about my Nexus. Google services are abundant and easy to get into. But I will be sticking with my iPhone for a long time.

I may be reading you wrong but are you complaining that the nexus s video chat wasnt as good because the video chat only worked on other nexus devices, and then saying that iphones facetime is better because more people can use it even though facetime only works on idevices? Again im not trying to argue or debate with you im just trying to understand this point of view, because my apple fan boy roommate has the same argument and i just dont get it.

ArgonNJ#CB

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
My only gripe about the GSM Nexus is the cellular radio. It's less capable then any other GSM device I've used on AT&T. I blame Samsung, for all their hype, they really suck. Please let someone make the next Nexus device.

AzD

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
My only gripe about the GSM Nexus is the cellular radio. It's less capable then any other GSM device I've used on AT&T. I blame Samsung, for all their hype, they really suck. Please let someone make the next Nexus device.

What do you mean "less capable"?

AzD

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I may be reading you wrong but are you complaining that the nexus s video chat wasnt as good because the video chat only worked on other nexus devices, and then saying that iphones facetime is better because more people can use it even though facetime only works on idevices? Again im not trying to argue or debate with you im just trying to understand this point of view, because my apple fan boy roommate has the same argument and i just dont get it.

I think you are reading it correctly - he is saying basically because all his friends/family are on Apple devices, ipso facto, it was a limitation of the Nexus S. :confused:

That said, I'm not exactly sure what the point is, considering this is a discussion of the Galaxy Nexus, not the Nexus S.

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to find any solid article on when 4.1 will arrive on the nexus. Does anyone know or, does the nexus have a annual reboot like the iPhone and if so, when does that typically happen?

AzD

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to find any solid article on when 4.1 will arrive on the nexus. Does anyone know or, does the nexus have a annual reboot like the iPhone and if so, when does that typically happen?

???

4.1 is already on the Nexus.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

When talking about the video chat feature of the Nexus S that I used to own, I wasn't commenting on the quality of the video chat feature at all. It was more to do with the fact that I couldn't use it unless it was with someone who wanted to chat via their computer or if they had a Nexus S as well. The fragmentation was a problem. And it seems to still be the case in some situations. Two devices can be released today from different manufactures and on different carriers and not have the same compatibility of apps or services. That decreases the social aspect of the devices. Now, if all Android devices came with the same stock OS, that problem wouldn't exist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AzD

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
When talking about the video chat feature of the Nexus S that I used to own, I wasn't commenting on the quality of the video chat feature at all. It was more to do with the fact that I couldn't use it unless it was with someone who wanted to chat via their computer or if they had a Nexus S as well. The fragmentation was a problem. And it seems to still be the case in some situations. Two devices can be released today from different manufactures and on different carriers and not have the same compatibility of apps or services. That decreases the social aspect of the devices. Now, if all Android devices came with the same stock OS, that problem wouldn't exist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

But unless people have Apple devices... Oh never mind...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Whether they have or not people on these types of forums are aware of unlocking the boot loader and flashing a custom ROM. Both Verizon and Sprint versions have fully functional, completely stable (and I mean stable) stock AOSP builds of the most current source code release of 4.1.1 from Google. I'm running Purely AOSP myself. No different than any other stock AOSP 4.1.1 build except it's not marked "official" release.

Sent from my AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Whether they have or not people on these types of forums are aware of unlocking the boot loader and flashing a custom ROM. Both Verizon and Sprint versions have fully functional, completely stable (and I mean stable) stock AOSP builds of the most current source code release of 4.1.1 from Google. I'm running Purely AOSP myself. No different than any other stock AOSP 4.1.1 build except it's not marked "official" release.

Sent from my AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus

Same. I've built my own and have run nothing but JB since the first ports dropped in late June.

Still, officially, Toro does not have an update.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Neat. I love the harmonia ROM on my optimus v. The aosp romnfor jelly bean has Google now? I find that has been a helpful feature on my nexus 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa