Connection timeout on WiFi

vladguan

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I posted the question on AndroidForums but got no answers so thought I might try here.

I have recently (last 2 to 3 weeks) been having connection issues when on home WiFi. Works fine on 3G and work WiFi.

The default Browser times out on almost all sites except google.com.au. Play Store app also has connection issues. I can, however, go to play.google.com via default Browser and it works fine. Chrome works for most sites except for eBay. Gmail, Hangouts and Email syncs without issues.

My wife's Galaxy S4 has no issues but my Galaxy Note Tab 10.1 has the same Play Store app issue. My ASUS laptop and wife's Dell laptop have no issues on WiFi.

I have installed WiFi Analyser and have set the channel on my D'Link DIR-835 to one that is not used by any surrounding routers and have disabled the 5GHz band. According to WiFi Analyser, the signal strength is at least -65dBm and the next strongest signal is less than -90dBm.

Does anyone know how to fix this? It almost definitely looks like there is a timeout issue on WiFi which only manifested itself in the last 2 to 3 weeks, after an internet outage at our exchange. Are there settings I can change to increase the timeout?

Incidentally, my daughter's friend who happen to live behind us, one street over are also experiencing WiFi connection timeout issues.

TIA for your help.

Vlad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress