Alarm in statusbar reappears while off

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So even though I have no alarms set, my status bar shows the alarm icon. But here is the catch: when I open the stock alarm app, the icon disappears, as if my phone realises it should not show the alarm icon. After some time (minutes) the alarm icon wil reappear.

I have forced the alarm app to stop, as well as restarted my phone. Many posts seem to suggest that the problem is that there is another app with an alarm, but that doesn't really make sense in my situation, right?

Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks in advance!

Hywooz

Nov 4, 2018
Visit site
(The above post is mine)

It's an Honor 6X running Android 7.0 and EMUI 5.0.3, if that helps :)

If I did something wrong, please tell me, so I can solve it (or apologise?).

Hywooz

Nov 4, 2018
Visit site
Found the solution. Use system UI tuner to disable the alarm icon. You have to enable system UI tuner first though, which isn't that easy on EMUI. But Google will help you with that ;-)

Tom Gautot

Nov 10, 2018
Visit site
Disabling the icon is one thing and if it is fine with you, I am glad you found yourself a satisfying solution, but if this icon is there it means that an application uses the "alarm reminder" functionality, which draws battery out. So it would be a good idea to find which app (which is not supposed to) causes that as it might save you some battery time.

Hywooz

Nov 4, 2018
Visit site
Hmm, I didn't think of that actually. Thanks for pointing that out.

I disabled every app's access to the status bar to see what app influences the alarm icon, but none did. So I returned to my earlier solution (system UI tuner), as I can't find what app is causing the bug (unless it's actually the stock alarm, but then again, I can't delete it). I don't really see any battery drain, so it doesn't matter that much to me.

Thanks again for telling me about the possible battery drain, you do have a valid point.

Enjoy your day (or night)!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa