I have the Honor 8 - you have questions - ask away!

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Auto brightness is functioning here.
It's just a bit too dim for me in dark or dimly lit rooms.

It's most likely my old eyes that are the problem :(

Sonne29

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I know I have posted on every forum about this, but is there anything else that anyone can think of to fix this zooming issue on Snapchat?

Clean wiped the phone, tried changing resolutions, it's installed to internal memory, cleared cache, reinstalled, moved to beta channel...no matter what it records video on both cameras zoomed in enough that it makes the app useless.

I hesitate to call Honor because I assume they will just tell me to factory reset, and I don't want to do that again.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what could be causing that. Not a huge Snapchat user over here... but I do see you got some support from @libra89 in the other thread you started. Hopefully you guys can get it sorted!! :)

jpmacedosilva

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I am about to buy an Honor 8, but before making the final decision I would like to know what the sound quality is like when using headphones?
I hear a lot of music on my smartphones and I like them to have a bass-rich sound.
How does Honor 8 behave in terms of sound quality with headphones? Does it have any equalizer?

rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I am about to buy an Honor 8, but before making the final decision I would like to know what the sound quality is like when using headphones?
I hear a lot of music on my smartphones and I like them to have a bass-rich sound.
How does Honor 8 behave in terms of sound quality with headphones? Does it have any equalizer?
There is no equalizer but a DTS mode which makes the sound richer. I have both the Beyerdynamic DT 770 32 ohm and the Sennheiser PXC 550 (Sennheiser have the Captune app to tune the sound to personal likings) and they both sound great on this phone. If needed you can always install an equalizer from the play store.

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Not much of an audiophile here, and haven't downloaded an equalizer... so if you're used to plugging in your headphones and listening, all I can tell you is it sounds just fine. Again, I'm no audiophile, @rikken and @orangecroc sound like they know what's up :)

Mrmonek

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello guys been having this problem with phone calls to my mom and dads old blackberry phones but many times cannot hear what I'm saying as if I'm being cut off while talking and vice versa although when calling others it's fine. Just picked up phone last week running T-Mobile any help would be appreciated.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello guys been having this problem with phone calls to my mom and dads old blackberry phones but many times cannot hear what I'm saying as if I'm being cut off while talking and vice versa although when calling others it's fine. Just picked up phone last week running T-Mobile any help would be appreciated.
That sounds like a problem with your parent's old phones as opposed to yours if it's fine to other people.

kevin_wsy

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I installed The Weather Channel app, I went through the settings like I did with my Nexus 5, and I couldn't get the temperature shows up on the notification. It only shows the app icon, I pull down the notification and then only I can see the temperature. I already turned on status bar, banners and lock screen in the notification center settings. Protected it in the battery manager too. Am I missing any steps?

Dumas64

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
Received my Honor 8 yesterday, and was able to unbox and fire it up this morning. Quite excited.

Getting accustomed to the phone, but now that I have it - if you have any questions at all, fire away. It's sitting here on my desk, happy to answer any questions you may have!!

I can not go to web pages through links coming through my messages or email eg verification links etc what should I do it **** me off so much on my honor 8?

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Somewhere in security settings there is an option to allow external links in apps. Can't remember where as I have been in nougat beta for most of the time I've had the phone.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
As much as 20 hours when I'm not power using. Had 9 hrs screen on time with only a 20 minute charge half way through the day yesterday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa