Battery issues after more than a year of usage

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I remember batteries for my BlackBerry phones being super expensive (I think one cost $80, which I didn't end up buying); so by comparison, that really is a good deal.
Yup, it's a very reasonable price for sure. Especially considering the amount of work needed to do it

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yup, it's a very reasonable price for sure. Especially considering the amount of work needed to do it

Agreed! I'm glad they have that available. My brother just got an iPhone so I'm hoping he can take advantage of that if he ever needs a new battery (if something happens to it within this calendar year).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Agreed! I'm glad they have that available. My brother just got an iPhone so I'm hoping he can take advantage of that if he ever needs a new battery (if something happens to it within this calendar year).
Yeah I am thinking of doing it for my wife's iPhone se. She likes Apple and the small form factor and there is not rumored to be a similarly sized se replacement so she might be stuck with it for a while. Changing the battery might be a good preventative measure

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I am thinking of doing it for my wife's iPhone se. She likes Apple and the small form factor and there is not rumored to be a similarly sized se replacement so she might be stuck with it for a while. Changing the battery might be a good preventative measure

That's too bad that there won't be an SE-related phone coming out anytime soon!

Ayush Rao

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
There isn't rumors of a new set but none at the same size
Actually I've read on many sites that Apple might release one with a slightly updated design around the end of this month. The sources might be wrong though. Apple might refresh the SE line since it is pretty popular in India especialy since its price fell there (Now manufactured in India so alot cheaper than importing)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Actually I've read on many sites that Apple might release one with a slightly updated design around the end of this month. The sources might be wrong though. Apple might refresh the SE line since it is pretty popular in India especialy since its price fell there (Now manufactured in India so alot cheaper than importing)
I hope that you are right. I don't see many people using the small iPhone anymore

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else noticing any kind of lag? Sometimes my phone will lag/freeze when it's been inactive for a while - which could be either twenty minutes or five hours.

Ayush Rao

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone else noticing any kind of lag? Sometimes my phone will lag/freeze when it's been inactive for a while - which could be either twenty minutes or five hours.
Yes!!! This happens to me so often. Like I'll leave my phone on a table and after a while when I pick it up it lags for like 3 seconds before becoming speedy and responsive again.
It lags like crazy when apps are updating in the background also for some reason.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes!!! This happens to me so often. Like I'll leave my phone on a table and after a while when I pick it up it lags for like 3 seconds before becoming speedy and responsive again.
It lags like crazy when apps are updating in the background also for some reason.

I'm so sorry that you are experiencing this! I turned my phone off for Church this morning and since turning it back on, I haven't experienced any lag. Perhaps I need to shut off my phone more often than once weekly... But still. The lag can happen after a couple of minutes of inactivity or a handful of hours. Weird that this is happening. But, my phone is 15 months old, and has been running great overall! So I guess some lag is to be expected at this "age." How long have you had your Honor 8?

Ayush Rao

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm so sorry that you are experiencing this! I turned my phone off for Church this morning and since turning it back on, I haven't experienced any lag. Perhaps I need to shut off my phone more often than once weekly... But still. The lag can happen after a couple of minutes of inactivity or a handful of hours. Weird that this is happening. But, my phone is 15 months old, and has been running great overall! So I guess some lag is to be expected at this "age." How long have you had your Honor 8?
I've had mine for exactly a year.

Ayush Rao

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
They say that after the year mark, phones can start showing their age. I'm sorry this is happening to you right at the year mark, though!
Well today afternoon I recieved the January patch along with a bunch of features and ever since the issue has gone. I guess it wiped out old cache and cleaned up the storage since I got almost 1.5 GB space back.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Well today afternoon I recieved the January patch along with a bunch of features and ever since the issue has gone. I guess it wiped out old cache and cleaned up the storage since I got almost 1.5 GB space back.

That's awesome! I'm so happy for you!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! Did you get the January update?
Lol I was getting worry after seeing it lag as I was planning on using it for another year especially since it is recieving Oreo now!

Yes I did! The lag hasn't shown up for the past little while so hopefully everything is good on my end now, too! We're getting Oreo?! Cool beans!

Ayush Rao

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Well today my phone just randomly shut off at 19%. Surprisingly on rebooting it didn't take me back to 19% (It usually boots back up to the same percentage if it was an issue with the battery not being able to supply enough voltage) but just complained of low battery and shut off. With just a minute on charge my phone now claims it is at 4% and is consistently stuck there. Does anybody know what's happening to my device since I doubt it is a battery issue? I'll try completely killing it and then charging straight to 100% to make sure it isn't an issue with calibration. Does anybody have any ideas I can try?

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Well today my phone just randomly shut off at 19%. Surprisingly on rebooting it didn't take me back to 19% (It usually boots back up to the same percentage if it was an issue with the battery not being able to supply enough voltage) but just complained of low battery and shut off. With just a minute on charge my phone now claims it is at 4% and is consistently stuck there. Does anybody know what's happening to my device since I doubt it is a battery issue? I'll try completely killing it and then charging straight to 100% to make sure it isn't an issue with calibration. Does anybody have any ideas I can try?
That sounds sever, I would have it returned under warranty.