HTC Hi-Res earphones

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
HTC Fi ally has their head phones available. Has anyone picked these up. If so are they good. They are only 30 bucks and HTC list them as Hi-Res certified.

Posted via the Android Central App

james thomas9

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Some weird thing happened to me. I received my order of " Hi- Res headphone" today. Once i opened the package, to my surprise, they sent me SanDisk Wireless Stick, instead of the headphone. I called HTC back right away. They gave me a case number and said someone going call me tomorrow to resolve my issue.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Some weird thing happened to me. I received my order of " Hi- Res headphone" today. Once i opened the package, to my surprise, they sent me SanDisk Wireless Stick, instead of the headphone. I called HTC back right away. They gave me a case number and said someone going call me tomorrow to resolve my issue.

If DigitalRiver is handling the orders still, then it's not entirely surprising. HTC will make good for it. Let us know what you think of them when when they arrive. I have some really good earphones but at $30 I might have to grab a pair of these for travel.

Also, can anyone tell need is they come with a travel pouch/case? Thx.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
If DigitalRiver is handling the orders still, then it's not entirely surprising. HTC will make good for it. Let us know what you think of them when when they arrive. I have some really good earphones but at $30 I might have to grab a pair of these for travel.

Also, can anyone tell need is they come with a travel pouch/case? Thx.

Im also tempted to grab a pair for that price. I have a pair of Sennheiser's that are my main go to, but a cheaper solution wouldnt hurt when I dont want to risk anything happening to those.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting for a review of the JBL usb C earbuds.

I can't believe those headphones are $200. They better be the best sounding headphones but even that won't be enough for me to buy them. I think they are over priced. Seeing that makes me think that the next HTC phone will not come with a headphone jack.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe those headphones are $200. They better be the best sounding headphones but even that won't be enough for me to buy them. I think they are over priced. Seeing that makes me think that the next HTC phone will not come with a headphone jack.

Agree!

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

they've been making those headphones for iPhone at the same price...apparently they are suppose to be this amazing noise cancelling ear phones that uses the phones power to power the headphones

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I've had a few pairs of $200 (and more) earphones. There's certainly a difference and they can definitely be worth it. But, not everyone is going to be able to notice or appreciate them. It's like good cars, wine, guitars, etc. If audio is your thing, $200 is actually not even considered "highe-end" in headphone circles. If you have never spent over $50 on earphones, you probably don't want to start at $200. But, if you've got a fairly educated ear, $200 on better monitoring isn't that much.

I'm not interested in the JBLs because I don't want noise cancelling and I'm not going to pay for something where that's a main feature. I do love good earphones with the 10 though. This phone has me listening to music more than I have in years.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Noise cancelling is never important for me other than when travelling in an airplane. Actually prefer no noise cancelling for daily use.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I can't see myself spending over $200 again on headphones, especially if they aren't over the ear headphones. I'm still at a loss as to why some OEMs want to get rid of the headphone jack. The way that HTC and ZTE have made audio such a high priority without sacrificing the headphone jack shows what can be done without having to remove the headphone jack and buying some USB Type C headphones. I may consider these headphones once they become the norm but there are certain things I can't be an early adopter for and USB Type C headphones is one of them.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Finally with the earphones! Just ordered the hi-res ones this afternoon, I had the pleasure of having a pair before until I lost them and was very sad when I did. I am pleasantly surprised that they are only $29.99, they compare very favorably with earphones that are 3x the price. Excellent detail and good bass without being overly boomy.