Coming from a berry; have two questions.

gpgorbosjr#AC

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
1. Obviously on Verizon you can have it notify you of messages being delivered. On all other phones it just adds the "D" or check or whatever when it is delivered. However the Eris notifies you almost like a new text....is there anyway to confirm delivery without it being so annoying?

2. Is there away to customize the notification led? I don't like the color, and it flashes to fast....any apps?

mrfarinhight

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Not sure about your first question but I am pretty sure there is no way to change the LED Tracball color.'

Edit:
Actually for your first question, you can probably install an market app like Handcent SMS. I have Handcent installed, and each time a new text is sent, a "quick text" box pops up displaying the message and you can reply, delete or exit. If you do anything other than exit the message goes away. Much easier.

Last edited:

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I dont think there is currently any application (like BerryBuzz im assuming) for the Android yet. I wish I knew a developer, or how to develop. I want to port that over so badly.

gpgorbosjr#AC

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I dont think there is currently any application (like BerryBuzz im assuming) for the Android yet. I wish I knew a developer, or how to develop. I want to port that over so badly.

BerryBuzz is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm thinking maybe they can't do it, any berry app should be a droid app too haha.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Yeah, I think it can be done, there was an app that did it for missed calls and sms i believe, but it blinked both colors, which annoyed me personally but ill try to remember the name of the app.

TheSultan

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
1. The message "being delivered" is not a blackberry thing, it's a Verizon thing. Any verizon phone should be able to do that. With that being said, I haven't seen it done on the Eris in either Messages or the HandcentSMS app. Interesting...

2. Locale Notification Plug-in v2.6 Application for Android | Productivity

Never used that, I never used anything like BerryBuzz when I was on the BB platform, but, is that what you're meaning?

gpgorbosjr#AC

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
1. The message "being delivered" is not a blackberry thing, it's a Verizon thing. Any verizon phone should be able to do that. With that being said, I haven't seen it done on the Eris in either Messages or the HandcentSMS app. Interesting...

2. Locale Notification Plug-in v2.6 Application for Android | Productivity

Never used that, I never used anything like BerryBuzz when I was on the BB platform, but, is that what you're meaning?

Um, yeah, I know it's a Verizon thing....just pointing out Blackberries/Other Devices notify you in a less annoying way.

I think the option is set to disabled by default. If you go to your messaging options and enable "Confirm Delivery" or "Notify of Delivery" some thing like that it will pop up when you send messages to Verizon users.