Lookout Security

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, the free trial of the premium Lookout program expired for me the other day. Are there any other similar ones that are cheaper or free? I'm looking for something that could wipe the device if ever stolen or lost. I like the virus scan features too, but are they ever even really necessary?

evo4gMN

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Sense 3.0 supports all that. Login with your HTC account at htcsense.com :) I use this plus the free version of Lookout.
So Sense 3.0 on htcsense.com seems to be a joke. I just tried testing the "lock" feature and my phone never locked. I even tried restarting it. I noticed it said beta on it so maybe they are still working out the bugs. However, doesnt seem to be working. If you have the TEP on your phone, sprint has a total protection app you can download that will lock and wipe your contacts. However, it wont wipe the device which is why i got excited about htcsense.com. But if i cant even lock my phoen I doubt the wiping feature will work

famedflea

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I use seekdroid. its great and only 99cents. if you buy it off of amazons app store then you will be able to download it to anydevice that logs into the appstore with your credentials. I paid $1 and installed it on 3 devices. I like lookout, but not to sure if its necessary.

jalbrant

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
So Sense 3.0 on htcsense.com seems to be a joke. I just tried testing the "lock" feature and my phone never locked. I even tried restarting it. I noticed it said beta on it so maybe they are still working out the bugs. However, doesnt seem to be working. If you have the TEP on your phone, sprint has a total protection app you can download that will lock and wipe your contacts. However, it wont wipe the device which is why i got excited about htcsense.com. But if i cant even lock my phoen I doubt the wiping feature will work
Lock seems to take awhile, when I did it my phone locked an hour later. Fortunately I had remembered the lock pin.

EDIT: Just tested again, the lock is performed only when HTC Sense syncs. Doesn't seem to push (yet).

evo4gMN

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Lock seems to take awhile, when I did it my phone locked an hour later. Fortunately I had remembered the lock pin.

EDIT: Just tested again, the lock is performed only when HTC Sense syncs. Doesn't seem to push (yet).
Well that kind of defeats the purpose and is a waste, haha. So we should send a text message to our phones telling the people that stole them to please sync sense so we can lock it from them :) hahaha

housetube

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Well that kind of defeats the purpose and is a waste, haha. So we should send a text message to our phones telling the people that stole them to please sync sense so we can lock it from them :) hahaha
I synced my phone twice and the htcsense web site still can't connect to my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non