New Update 1-11-12

Jamie71

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: New Update

Now do all of you have your phones rooted cause mine is not rooted and wasnt sure to do that or not, i have had my new Evo 3D for 2 weeks and just curious :)

gonk24

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, i hope after i charge it up it will be ok and run faster and smoother like everyone is saying, i wish there was a way to keep my Go Launcher as my home page, i already went thru the settings and manage apps that way but for some reason it didnt keep Go launcher as my home page goes back to HTC sense once i hit the home key

Did you clear defualts on HTC Sense in apps? After defaults are cleared and you hit the home key, it should pop up a menu where you can set go launcher as the default.

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

Downloaded the update late last night. Charged the phone and probably used it a bit more than normal today as I was "testing" to see what had changed. Usually by 2pm I am down to 50% battery after unplugging it at 6am. Today at 2pm I was still at 69% battery and as I write this now at 4:45pm I am still at 45%. And yes, it does seem a bit faster. Also noticed I gained a small percentage of my memory back.

fathom39

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
BATTERY LIFE: Much better, 14 hours after unplugging I am at 67% whereas previously I would be in the low 20s or worse.

MARKET: I used force close and clear data to cause the new market to appear. With some sadness as I liked the look of the old market.

SPEAKERPHONE: Seems louder and clearer. Did anyone else notice this?

CAMERA: Better auto-focus, flash, light reading. I am not much of a camera user but today I was surprised with the pictures I took whereas before I gave up using this camera. Unscientific, but still my observation. Anyone else?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

I've noticed a battery increase and the smoover performance as well. Can anyone confirm that Carrier IQ has been removed?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

I also noticed a bit snappier performance.

My market didn't change on its own at first. I cleared the app data and went back to the market and it was the same old one. Then after I went to another screen and came back, the icon was different and I had the new market.

coreywentworth

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site

I have the clock widget with the weather built in that used to update whenever I opened the screen. Now it isn't updating at all, and I have to open it manually to get it to even work. It won't even let me pick when to update it (after 1 hour, or another time). Other than that, the update is really cool. I just wish my weather would work.

Last edited:

Jamie71

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Mine is a little faster and anytime you use your phone and apps it will drain the battery life down, no matter what you do. I ususally go about 10-12 hours on a charge

westkc3

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

30 plus hrs after grabing the update I have to agree with others, the battery performance is improved, the device is snappier & smoother. One odd thing I experienced is when I turned the phone on this morning the bookmarks were gone. I turned the phone off after unchecking fast boot, the bookmarks flashed for a second and then vanished. Not a big deal just weird. I've added bookmarks back and all seems back to normal.

jwoodsoniv

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

I also noticed in the quick settings menu, there is now a option to activate the power saver. I didnt notice this before the update.

Jamie71

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

30 plus hrs after grabing the update I have to agree with others, the battery performance is improved, the device is snappier & smoother. One odd thing I experienced is when I turned the phone on this morning the bookmarks were gone. I turned the phone off after unchecking fast boot, the bookmarks flashed for a second and then vanished. Not a big deal just weird. I've added bookmarks back and all seems back to normal.

30 plus hours, are you doing anything or running anything at all? is your evo rooted also, just curious to how you get 30 plus hours

westkc3

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
30 plus hours, are you doing anything or running anything at all? is your evo rooted also, just curious to how you get 30 plus hours

Sorry, didn't mean to imply my bat lasted 30 hours, only that after using the phone after applying the update I only found the one issue, lost bookmarks, and agree the smootness and bat performance seem improved. Again, sorry to have confused anyone.

PSYCHOTRON_CB

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm on my 3d HTC carrier IQ is gone and the phone is a lot faster. I am now doing better in benches with consistent numbers.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress