at&t white one x vs sprint lte

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Atleast people can't use the function over form thing anymore. The Androidcentral review of the at&t one x praised the battery life. Battery life doesn't seem to be an issue, just like it isn't with the Vivid, and you can't turn off 4G on the vivid just like the One X.

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It would also be nice if they gave an option just like at&t is. They can choose either grey or white. I also agree that the white one would loose this two tone/three tone issue the current black one has. But you have no choice, either you settle for the ugly sprint version or you jump ship. lol I guess the majority of us will be "settling". lol

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
... either you settle for the ugly sprint version or you jump ship...

Wow, that's a whole new spin on things. Perhaps we can get a late night poll asking the question: "Would you switch carriers for an inferior phone if you thought it looked better than what your current carrier offered?"

Reactions: 6sigma

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that's a whole new spin on things. Perhaps we can get a late night poll asking the question: "Would you switch carriers for an inferior phone if you thought it looked better than what your current carrier offered?"

According to the android central review, it really doesnt seem that inferior. What would be more interesting is if Sprint offered both phones and we took a poll on who would buy which. lol

Reactions: crzycrkr

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
According to the android central review, it really doesnt seem that inferior. What would be more interesting is if Sprint offered both phones and we took a poll on who would buy which. lol
One phone has enough storage options to suit your needs. One doesn't have enough space to do much of anything, but looks a little nicer.

I spend more time using my phone than looking at it, idle. I'll be getting the EVO LTE without a single worry.

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Atleast people can't use the function over form thing anymore. The Androidcentral review of the at&t one x praised the battery life. Battery life doesn't seem to be an issue, just like it isn't with the Vivid, and you can't turn off 4G on the vivid just like the One X.

It is absolutely still about form vs. function. 32gigs of memory is definately more functional than 16. So is the larger battery. I have never caught myself saying "I really wish my phone had less memory and a smaller battery"! At the end of the day the look of the phone is all subjective anyway. We will all have our own opinion on whether or not we think that E4GLTE looks good, and will have to decide if we dislike it so much is it worth settling for something with inferior specs.

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
One phone has enough storage options to suit your needs. One doesn't have enough space to do much of anything, but looks a little nicer.

I spend more time using my phone than looking at it, idle. I'll be getting the EVO LTE without a single worry.

Likewise.... Have no other choice on Sprint! lol

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It is absolutely still about form vs. function. 32gigs of memory is definately more functional than 16. So is the larger battery. I have never caught myself saying "I really wish my phone had less memory and a smaller battery"! At the end of the day the look of the phone is all subjective anyway. We will all have our own opinion on whether or not we think that E4GLTE looks good, and will have to decide if we dislike it so much is it worth settling for something with inferior specs.

For most of us tech nerds, the 16GB isn't enough. However in my case, I don't use my phone as walking mp3 player or video player so the 16gb is more than enough. But hey, looks dont matter if your odd looking race car has a huge motor in it. lol

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I was using "inferior" lightly.

Name me one thing other than looks that is superior about the AT& T One X compared to the EVO4GLTE. And in this context nothing about at&T's lte network, different frequencies blah, blah matter.

That's the "inferior" that I was talking about.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I understand people's grief. Sprint promised a phone that looked like the One X but with a huge battery, sd card slot, kickstand and a rainbow of colors, all at a cheap price and letting everyone upgrade early. And then they pulled the rug out from everybody and came out with this turkey.

Oh wait, that never happened. Back to reality. Enjoy your ATT experience.

Reactions: chesalaam

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I understand people's grief. Sprint promised a phone that looked like the One X but with a huge battery, sd card slot, kickstand and a rainbow of colors, all at a cheap price and letting everyone upgrade early. And then they pulled the rug out from everybody and came out with this turkey.

Oh wait, that never happened. Back to reality. Enjoy your ATT experience.

Don't scare me like that! I had to read that first paragraph twice and i was thinking "oh no, what happened now?"

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
For most of us tech nerds, the 16GB isn't enough. However in my case, I don't use my phone as walking mp3 player or video player so the 16gb is more than enough. But hey, looks dont matter if your odd looking race car has a huge motor in it. lol

It's called a sleeper. I like it! ;)

Don't scare me like that! I had to read that first paragraph twice and i was thinking "oh no, what happened now?"

So did I. I had to read it twice!

Last edited:

tom_m

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
16GB is manageable. People have done it for years with the iPhone. The EVO started out with 8GB. So... I'm not sure how our usage patterns have really changed that much. That said. It is a big factor because it's twice as much space. However I'm not sure the battery size will matter much.

Here's what will matter. AT&T has fallback to HSPA+. Sprint does not. This is the number one reason why I'm going from Sprint to AT&T. Number two is the savings from a family plan. Number three is the phone design.

I mean no offense, but people who say it's a personal preference or that they like the EVO 4G LTE design...I think they're just saying that to convince themselves it looks good. At heart, no one thinks that's a good looking phone. That was my first reaction too. Not that "oh it's slightly different and black with a kickstand, cool." No, it was "WTF?! That's ugly. Let me take a second look to ensure it really is as ugly as I think." It was. It is. Sorry. But I was willing to simply put a case on it and deal.

I enjoyed Sprint for years, but I just don't think they'll have the success of the original EVO with this one. Their 4G network is in a REALLY bad place. For most folks, by the time LTE is in their area, the new generation of phones will be out. So this really leaves most people with buying a phone with a feature that they can't use. ... and I'm not even talking about being in a rural area... I'm in the San Francisco area! AT&T at the beginning of the year rolled out LTE now to NYC, San Francisco area, and parts of Texas like Austin. Being a tech person...Guess where I spend all my time? One of those 3 places. So it's utterly embarrassing that Sprint won't have 4G in all of those areas for at least another year. Note that I didn't go with AT&T in the past because Sprint WAS better in these areas. No more. The networks have shifted around and that should be a very big factor in your decision. If I was in Dallas I might stay with Sprint to be honest.

So you're trading looks and 4G over 16GB and a tiny bit bigger battery. I don't know, I just couldn't give up the 4G. I actually never used the 4G much on my EVO because of the battery...When I did, it was so fast. Night and day. So I'm really looking forward to using 4G without ANY worry.

Last edited:
Reactions: nuprotocol

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

I mean no offense, but people who say it's a personal preference or that they like the EVO 4G LTE design...I think they're just saying that to convince themselves it looks good. At heart, no one thinks that's a good looking phone. That was my first reaction too. Not that "oh it's slightly different and black with a kickstand, cool." No, it was "WTF?! That's ugly. Let me take a second look to ensure it really is as ugly as I think." It was. It is. Sorry. But I was willing to simply put a case on it and deal.

I think it looks great. I like the two-tone look with the red kickstand.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think it looks great. I like the two-tone look with the red kickstand.

Me too, I applaud Sprint for being unique. Honestly though, I could care less about what the phone looks like naked because mine will be wearing a Seidio Surface case just as soon as they are available.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to pay the early termination of $100 at this point (3 months left) and leave Sprint for AT&T. Partially fueled by the fugly design that Sprint is getting...But since my wife has AT&T, we can combine and save money. I don't use enough data or minutes to make Sprint worthwhile. I now think the unlimited thing is a gimmick. Having Sprint for 4 years now.

Sprint lost me for another major reason. Their 4G change over. I don't want to wait 6 months or more before I can use the 4G. I mean who knows how long it'll be before they get their LTE completely sorted out. Then I don't know if they'll charge the $10 extra per month or what but I know my EVO came with that surcharge. The funny thing is I don't often use 4G on the EVO because the battery life was so piss poor. So I paid $10/mo. for nothing.

The 16GB storage is a bummer...But I only have to go back and again compare to my current phone (I held on to the EVO 4G) and see that it's 8GB there. I never put in a different SD card. So since I don't load all my MP3s onto the phone (I'm a Pandora and now Spotify fan) I'm not concerned about storage. I did start to run out of space with photos and apps, but my upgrade will now be double so I think that'll work out fine.

I think a lot of people over estimate their usage. I was shocked when I went to Sprint's site and looked. I understand if you like to load all your MP3s onto your phone...But...I also think that it's 2012, we have Google Music and Pandora and Spotify... If you want, just put a subset on your phone and change it up when you want. I still have an 8GB Zune (haha yea Zune, I know) and I never filled it. So I think you're nuts if you need more space for music...I think it's a waste of space to fill your phone with music.

Plus let's also go back to the EVO again. Why didn't I load it up with music? Because if I spent significant time using it as an MP3 player, I wouldn't be able to make any phone calls with it...No more juice left.

Ok, my whole "why phones shouldn't be used as iPods" philosophy aside...Is there any real reason why one should stay with Sprint?

I think the benefits of AT&T outweigh Sprint when you get into the family plans and also it's nice to have a phone that you can use internationally. I was just in London and my wife paid like $16 extra and had no problems. Meanwhile I was in the dark. While I don't travel internationally all the time...Again, the benefits I listed originally.

Why Sprint? I mean don't get me wrong, I love Sprint...But why? I'm trying to think real hard, but if I can't come up with any good reason come Sunday...Bye bye Sprint. That will teach them to go messing with the design of the phone.

Just keeping my podcasts up to date (not sure when I'm going to listen) takes up over 8 GB and I have a small music collection. The 10 GB available (6 GB for formatting, apps, and OS) just isn't going to hack it. While I have unlimited data (won't see LTE until 2013 at earliest) 3G isn't going to hack it all the time (especially since I lose coverage in the mountains). I'm sure I'd be OK with 32 GB (26 available) but 16 isn't going to be able to hack it. Time to stop saying it's a 16 GB device.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I mean no offense, but people who say it's a personal preference or that they like the EVO 4G LTE design...I think they're just saying that to convince themselves it looks good. At heart, no one thinks that's a good looking phone.

You might not mean to offend but you do. You're basically saying that anyone who likes this phone is lying. You're just flat out wrong.

Reactions: Dakota 35-2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa