Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

Who, if anyone, should offer good will gesture for EVO debacle?

• Total voters

larryyork22

May 24, 2010
Visit site
It's a question of morality and ethics, I am a customer of Sprint who now has 200$ of my money for an indefinite amount of time... I am not blaming them but I am their customer and as the old saying goes "The customer is ALWAYS right"... this doesn't change just because they are a multi-million dollar corp..

I'm sorry to tell you this, but, the customer is not ALWAYS right, the customer might THINK they are always right, but trust me, they are NOT always right. Just my opinion & my experience in the Customer Service industry for over 30 years.

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
And I'm the type of person that sees if something is wrong then it must be fixed if I know I can't do I job I say out if I'm doing something wrong I admit it and that isn't the first time I've had issues with a rep I'm not saying they're all idiots but some just are

Never did I say you hated all CSRs. I was discussing this one incident. Not sure how you got any of that from what I've posted.

like I said of you can't do the job right you shouldn't be doing

When did you ever say that?? Lol

Sent from my antique Evo 3D which can now be found at the Smithsonian

james.buckey

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Wanted to post this before I lost my train of thought, perhaps it has already been mentioned. Why did not Sprint or HTC push for this product to be stateside and in customers hands previous to the April 19 deadline to avoid this. Realistically shouldn't have cost more to push the shipments early than to have them sit on the docks or wherever they are. $36 activation should be waived, as it never costs $36 to swap an ESN. Just another made up fee. Also should have some Beats ear buds included just for this debacle. Not their best, id be satisfied with the lesser most model.

Magman007

May 12, 2012
Visit site
And I'm the type of person that sees if something is wrong then it must be fixed if I know I can't do I job I say out if I'm doing something wrong I admit it and that isn't the first time I've had issues with a rep I'm not saying they're all idiots but some just are I had a bank CSR tell me my social security number and my birthday was not the same one under my account, after 15 minutes he got his supervisor who apologized to me for the CSR confusion abbr said he had no idea what the rep was looking at. like I said of you can't do the job right you shouldn't be doing

Sent from my HTC .....oh wait its stuck at customs

And you never have an "off day?" or a first day? Everyone in america needs to work a call center job once in their lives to understand what it is like to deal with the general public. You think CSR agents are idiots? Well essentially most of them are, they are comprised of members of the general public. They are given a script, they have to follow that script and stay within the guidelines presented to them, or they are out on their asses.

Call centers have one of the highest turnover rates in the country, and the reps that are stellar rarely receive any recognition for their dutiful work. Most of those reps NEED that job. At some point however, dealing with aholes, idiots, and self entitled pricks adds up, and sometimes you just have a bad day, make a mistake, or your script is changed without your knowledge. Sometimes the call center is so flooded that the supervisors have to "dial" and do not have sufficient time to notify their reps of a change, or there are so many calls in cue that its impossible to pull a rep off the phone and educate them on a policy change, or else the center will not meet the demands as set forth by the client.

its a tough job for little recognition. Its depressing sometimes depending on your line of work.

One thing to always remember is you will catch more flies with honey. Be nice to your rep. if you are pissed off at something, explain that off the bat, and realize the CSR did not cause the issue, and they are there to help you. Explain you are pissed off at the situation, and if you get angry apologize. If you feel the rep did a good job, ask to talk to a supervisor, and give them the credit they deserve.

When I was in the industry and supervising (which, earns you even less of a pat on the back than the CSR's) nothing made me happier to have a customer give my rep "kuddos".

Also, if you are a prick to one of my reps, you will get treated the way you treated my rep right back. It may not sound like it, but the overtly sarcastic tone and lack of willingness to help should be indicators. There are many instances where one of my reps said no, following company guidelines that I had the power to say yes to. If you treated my rep like crap, I was going to back the rep and keep saying no. if you were nice, then chances are, you will get that "yes" you are seeking.

Not trying to attack you personally of course "you" in this sense is a generalization, and in no way a direct attack.

Edit: For those inquiring minds, I worked for Capital One Payment Protection (go ahead, check your statement, its probably on there) and Aegon Leisure Plus/ Savings 2 go programs (go and check your CC statement if you have ordered any "as seen on TV" products lately). It was a job, but it paid the bills through college. I also have a ton of friends who worked for Asurion (the guys who insure your phone).

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Ahh you're one of those I see, well first off I could care less about my grammar when I'm talking in forums or little chat sessions it's not like im writing one of my college papers or a letter to the president so if you don't like it you can go pick up a book second what's does my grammar have to do with proving my statement? How are you going to give me my order number then tell me I should put order a phone when obviously did and you know it. like I said some of these guys are idiots in every sense of the word

Maybe the CSR is trained to speak with customers at the apparent level of intelligence of said customers. Maybe you just seemed like the kind of fellow who might forget he had already pre-ordered the phone for which he was asking about his pre-order.

I never understand why some people only try to write correctly when they are trying to impress someone. Is it really harder to end a sentence with a period instead of a comma? I mean, my abilities are limited, and I make many mistakes. But I don't choose to make those mistakes based on who I am talking to.

CSR's are required to say some certain, specific things to customers. This does not make them stupid.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
And I'm the type of person that sees if something is wrong then it must be fixed if I know I can't do I job I say out if I'm doing something wrong I admit it and that isn't the first time I've had issues with a rep I'm not saying they're all idiots but some just are I had a bank CSR tell me my social security number and my birthday was not the same one under my account, after 15 minutes he got his supervisor who apologized to me for the CSR confusion abbr said he had no idea what the rep was looking at. like I said of you can't do the job right you shouldn't be doing

And I'm the type of person that sees if something is wrong then it must be fixed who, when he sees something wrong, feels he must fix it. if If I know I can't do I a job, I say out so. if If I'm doing something wrong I admit it. and that isn't That wasn't the first time I've had issues with a rep. I'm not saying they're all idiots, but some just are. I've had a bank CSR tell me my social security number and my birthday was were not the same one as those under my account, after. After 15 minutes he got his supervisor, who apologized to me for the CSR's confusion abbr and said he had no idea what the rep was looking at. likeLike I said; of if you can't do the job right, you shouldn't be doing it.

Sent from my HTC .....oh Oh wait its. It's stuck at customs.

Last edited:
Reactions: manonmoon49

witnercoat

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Just a personal feeling, but I really think Sprint knew this was a likely scenario. For that reason alone, I think they should offer a token of appreciation for putting up with them.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I think free activation, at minimum, or a nice set of beats headphones would cover my current gadget withdrawals! I am quite disappointed that I don't have my toy to play with this weekend. :(

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
First off I'm not crying yet but I paid $45 for a early upgrade so i can get this phone I will be pissed if it goes into my contract date

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

If it goes into your contract, then the $45 should be refunded or credited to your next bill. If it isn't you should contact Sprint's Customer Service. I'll bet they'll refund or credit your account.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I voted for Sprint and HTC as my opinion is Sprint should not have to bear the entire cost if a a good will gesture was to be offered. For a good will gesture, it should be for waiving the activation fee or if by some miracle the phone can ship today, paying for Saturday delivery. It should not be something tangible. I'm not sure what it costs Sprint to activate a new phone, but I can't believe their actual cost is $36 especially on an already established account.

Do I think this is going to happen? Not really. Do I think I'm "owed" anything? No. Bottom line. I preordered my phone on 5/7 fulling knowing I was getting charged $200 for a phone I did not know when I was going to receive. I even to the CSR I spoke with in EVP I said that I was uncomfortable with this as when I preordered my OG EVO I paid a $50 deposit when I ordered it and the remainder when I picked it up at BB. Will I think twice about paying the full amount up front to preorder a phone in the future? Yes.

And I know everyone's order situation is different, but this is just my personal take on this.

They should have required a $50 non-refundable deposit, with the balance due on delivery, automatically billed to your card.

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't get why they just can't add it to your bill to begin with . Why do they need a credit card transaction to begin with. If you sign up for Pre-Order when the Phone Ships it adds to your Bill if your in Good Standings , Simple

stanlm2

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I guess I'm an odd duck, the only poll option I think would fit is for the u.s. gov't to give me back my tax dollars for incorrectly protecting me from painfully obvious features a monkey would program.

learntall

May 19, 2011
Visit site
you can cancel your pre order and get your $200 back, so not being help for an indefinite amount of time.

In reality, and I don't know if anyone has said this already, but you can't cancel your order until it is fulfilled and you either refuse to accept your package or request a return kit from Sprint if you have already received it.

learntall

May 19, 2011
Visit site
In a way Sprint is also the customer.

Which is why I chose Sprint and HTC, we are customers of both these companies because they form a partnership by providing two different services (Service/Hardware). So in a way they are not truly customers because one would not do business without the other.

learntall

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry to tell you this, but, the customer is not ALWAYS right, the customer might THINK they are always right, but trust me, they are NOT always right. Just my opinion & my experience in the Customer Service industry for over 30 years.

I think that the quote "The Customer is Always Right!" speaks to how a company should value, treat, respect and associate with their customers. People are not always right, I didn't mean to write this so that you would understand it in that context.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
anyone that pre-ordered should not have to pay the Activation fee ( This cost Sprint nothing in the long run). And HTC should give a small accessory credit maybe even @cost on anything directly ordered . This again will take away from bottem lines but really is again no cost to them....

... but this still leaves a bad taste in my mouth that they could wash away with no real hit

I'm not on Sprint, nor did I pre-order any HTC device. That being said...

I think you're close to the mark here. Sprint should do something (waiving the activation fee would be a good start, or maybe $50 credit for accessories, or "first month is on us"). HTC should take a bigger step. Perhaps a manufacturers rebate for those that pre-ordered, or again a set-dollar credit for accessories.

kooja_IIT

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
HTC and Sprint are as much the victim as we are. The reason for the phone's delay is outside the control of both companies, and they gain nothing from this delay. Also phones are luxury items, not necessities, so don't be greedy just because the phone you want is delayed a week or so.

(and yes I also preordered the phone and am disappointed that I don't have it today)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana