Sprint Customers: Evo LTE or Samsung S3

Evo LTE or Samsung S3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sprint Costumers: Evo LTE or Samsung S3

It's all about build quality for me. HTC FTW! I've held all the Sammy phones and there is something missing when it's in your hand. The look is always very pasticy and overall they always look and feel cheaper than the HTC phones. This, of course, is just my opinion/preference. I love the fact that there are options and people can choose what they like the best. There are no options on the crApple side. Their one phone fits all philosophy doesn't work well with me.

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Somehow I feel at a disadvantage to make a valid comparison between 2 phones which have not officially been released yet...

But that didn't stop me from ordering an Evo.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

What's the Evo LTE? It vagely sounds like something that I was dreaming about last night. I don't know for sure. It's really all just very blurry to me... :confused:

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
HTC really left a bad taste in my mouth with the EVO3D. I am going to get a GS3 as long as it does not take forever to come out on sprint. I have a June 1 upgrade date that is burning a hole in my pocket!

Sent from my HTC EVO3D, oh God I need a new phone!

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site

HTC really left a bad taste in my mouth with the EVO3D. I am going to get a GS3 as long as it does not take forever to come out on sprint. I have a June 1 upgrade date that is burning a hole in my pocket!

I got them to move my upgrade from June 1 to May 18th in anticipation of getting the LTEVO. I think this delay though has managed to make me change my mind about the LTEVO. I'm about 90% sure I'm going to hold out and get the GS3. I may get the LTEVO for a few days to give it a spin, but I'm not sure I'll keep it.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Samsung builds cheap phones, they feel like toys. I hate my Epic Touch, so many quirky issues

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site

Samsung builds cheap phones, they feel like toys. I hate my Epic Touch, so many quirky issues

I'm actually still on my original epic. Have never used a case, keep it in my pocket with my keys and it still looks and works pristine. The roms for it were pretty good, so that definitely helped. Since it's still working fine, I'm going to hold off so I can actually compare the 2 phones and decide then. Kinda hoping the GS3 gets the 2GB Ram (even though it won't be needed).

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

EVO LTE all the way!

What is a "costumer" anyway? One who wears costumes? Or one who makes costumes? :confused:

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

The tipping point for me has been my experience with my Galaxy Tab 10.1. Don't get me wrong...awesome device, as is my Evo 4G. But it's taking forever and a day for Samsung to release ICS to the Tab. HTC seems to be better about quicker updates.

evo-drum

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I had a generic conversation with someone about the Samsung takeover issue. This person has a Epic Touch 4G. They basically told me, the reason they prefer Samsung because they have great televisions, and the name is household and they would trust them before an unknown such as HTC. When I let them hold my EVO3D, they felt the major difference in the sturdiness of the phones, and he said it felt great in hands, but he just doesn't know much about the name to go out and purchase one. These are the words from a generic consumer. So the question is, how does HTC start to appeal to the masses? Is it through major corporation backing? More commercial time? Or take on something as major as a television itself? Cause frankly HTC is the better product through build and all, but that is a hard sale to a non-techie....
Thoughts?

He123321

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site

I honestly want the GNote, but the SGSIII will do if Sprint doesn't get the 5.3 beast. For now, the Evo 4G LTE will tie me over.

I change cell phones more then I do my socks lol...

kennethbring

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I do agree with build quality is a huge plus for me. My sister had a GSII and now has the Nexus S and Samsung build quality holds nothing to HTC. That, plus I've been an EVO boy since they were first released :)

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

This all day. I held my brother's Focus S and the damn thing nearly slipped out my hand. Horrible cheap feel = Samsung phones. On the other hand I despise Sense. I'll hold on to my 3D with Go Launcher for the forseealble future.

Dissonance

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the original Galaxy S Epic and the Nexus S 4G, so I've had my samsung phones. This time I went with the Evo LTE because:
- The Evo LTE seems to have the better display based on my research on the pentile Samsung display (I haven't compared them in person, though).
- HTC generally has better build quality than samsung. Their phones feel solid.
- The GSIII will more than likely have the same Snapdragon S4 as the Evo LTE when it's released for Sprint, but the Evo has it NOW.

All things considered why wait for a phone that is equal or inferior to one that is available now?

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I had a generic conversation with someone about the Samsung takeover issue. This person has a Epic Touch 4G. They basically told me, the reason they prefer Samsung because they have great televisions, and the name is household and they would trust them before an unknown such as HTC. When I let them hold my EVO3D, they felt the major difference in the sturdiness of the phones, and he said it felt great in hands, but he just doesn't know much about the name to go out and purchase one. These are the words from a generic consumer. So the question is, how does HTC start to appeal to the masses? Is it through major corporation backing? More commercial time? Or take on something as major as a television itself? Cause frankly HTC is the better product through build and all, but that is a hard sale to a non-techie....
Thoughts?

This may sound kind of trollish but they didn't comment on how laggy or general lack of performance of your evo 3d compared to their gs2? Non techie guys cares about day to day smoothness too you know?

chinesejake

May 11, 2012
Visit site

FWIW, an in-store Sprint tech told me about two weeks ago that they were not expecting the SG3 until 4th quarter of 2012 or 1st quarter of 2013, so you may be waiting a while if you don't intend on switching carriers.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Being that this is the Evo forum you'll certainly get many more favorable votes for the Evo here.

Anyway, I currently have an Epic 4G and a Galaxy Tab 10.1 yet chose to go HTC for this round. That's mainly because I've handled a few recent HTC devices and some Samsung ones and I don't care for the cheap feeling build on Samsung devices. I also really dislike TouchWiz, so I decided to give HTC a try. Any software woes can be sidestepped by installing custom builds, but a cheap plastic body on a device will always just be a cheap plastic body...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

batt105#CB

May 20, 2010
Visit site
This is a tough one for me. I pre-ordered the EVO LTE and it should arrive tomorrow. I am thinking I will probably send it back. I don't like sense and the ultra bright themes. Samsung tends to have darker themes. I think I will wait on the Note or the S3. The biggest reason is the stylus on either the Note or the S3. I use my phone to run applications for my business and the stylus appeals to me. The EVO has been a great phone. I have had mine for 2yrs. I have been running CM9 on it for about a week now and it runs flawlessly. So I can handle another month or so without getting to bored. I'll take a look tomorrow at the LTE and decide then.