No more sense plzzz

Judynnnn

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I was never one to flash roms and stuff, but would it be possible to make a clean rom for this phone? Of course whenever the Devs get ahold of it. I like how the nexus is without sense and just straight android.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Mophomania

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
In the meantime, try Nova Prime, or its free version. Loving it so far. And no more Sense reload.

Sent from my wicked EVO ONE using Android Central Forums

Mophomania

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
no, sorry. Its just a launcher, I don't think it changes the actual way multitasking functions

sent from my wicked EVO ONE using mind beam.

Mophomania

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been running Nova prime for a whole day and have not had a single issue so far. No even a single stutter or hiccup. So far so good. Sense has been slimmed down some, but still has some issues. My wife has my old evo shift, she can't switch between any two things without the sense reload. It seems to take forever on that phone. At least the reload on the Ltevo is fairly quick, but annoying enough I had to change launchers. I'm totally loving Nova Prime. Plus now I have my landscape mode back.View attachment 26442

Judynnnn

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Running nova now. I love this! Next I just want the lock screen animation like the galaxy nexus!

Mophomania

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm almost certain it can be closely recreated with widget locker. Its a lock screen replacement. I haven't tried it yet on this phone. Kinda content with the stock lock screen. Happy Modding!:D

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Outstanding call on nova! Working so much better than the sense launcher and you can fully customize the sticky launch bar at the bottom including adding a search button.

Now all I need is a widget/app that will show my photo gallery on a full Page like the HTC sense gallery does. Any suggestions?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Outstanding call on nova! Working so much better than the sense launcher and you can fully customize the sticky launch bar at the bottom including adding a search button.

Now all I need is a widget/app that will show my photo gallery on a full Page like the HTC sense gallery does. Any suggestions?

I too am using nova but really miss my widgets. Tried looking through the app store but coukdnt find much. Iike sense... Well sometimes

Mophomania

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Android pro Widgets. I use it for the large calander/agenda, people, and bookmarks. It has a few others too. Its free, give it a try. I missed sense Widgets too, but seem to like these just as much and I believe they are theme capable if you get the paid version. I've been happy with their basic ones. I like them simple.

dakkiy

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I was never one to flash roms and stuff, but would it be possible to make a clean rom for this phone? Of course whenever the Devs get ahold of it. I like how the nexus is without sense and just straight android.

I don't want to sound rude or anything but if you want a phone without HTC Sense then don't get a HTC device or root and flash a sensless ROM but seriously who ever buys an HTC should expect Sense. If you don't like certain features or prefer better features tell HTC and maybe your voice will be heard.

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to sound rude or anything but if you want a phone without HTC Sense then don't get a HTC device or root and flash a sensless ROM but seriously who ever buys an HTC should expect Sense. If you don't like certain features or prefer better features tell HTC and maybe your voice will be heard.

agreed. the nexus would have been a fine device for someone wanting ice cream sandwich without sense.

craigdts

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
agreed. the nexus would have been a fine device for someone wanting ice cream sandwich without sense.

It's not that simple. I will never buy Samsung again due to poor radios and GPS problems. I'll buy nexus when its made by Motorola. The photon had less lag stock than this EVO LTE. Not too impressed other than the camera - which makes rooting a problem because I'm almost positive we will lose camera functionality. This thing should be blazing fast. I have even considered buying the Samsung nexus instead. Stick ICS multitasking is so much more useful. No search button is a huge step backwards.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
And, in the great FWIW department, I liked sense on my OG EVO and kept it even though rooted. And, except for the multitasking, I like sense on the LTE.

However, I could not stand the constant reloading of sense. It was getting worse despite trying all the suggestions in the LTE and One X forums.

So this launcher saved the day for me. With a bit of searching you can get most of the good stuff sense has, plus I lot of things it doesn't.

Still looking for a photo gallery for home screens like HTC 's though.