Static when using headphones

xpsbrenden

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up my EVO on friday and love the phone. I also picked up a pair of beats. Whenever I use a headset (doesn't matter if its the beats or another brand) I get really really bad static that I can hear perfectly over the music.

Is the an evo known issue or should I swap the phone out for another new evo??

b1time

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
This only happens to me when I start a game while the beats software is enabled... turn off beats software fixes it tho... is this what your're experiencing?

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I get static when whenever anything is being loaded or buffered. I've used different headphones with the same results. It seems to stop once it's loaded. You Tube, Pandora, Tune in Radio all seem to do this as well as the start of games such as Angry Birds. Music I already have downloaded does not have any static at all. Not a deal breaker for me, but I do wonder why because this never happened with my 3D.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
What brand head phones are you using,I have several pairs and my oldest ones do make a static sound when plugged in....

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Same with me. I even tried Bose headphones as well. I don't have the Beats.

FauKiL

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I have this same problem- static and popping noises while loading - but it only seems to happen while on a wifi connection. Has anyone else tested this, or did you just return the phone?

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I have this same problem- static and popping noises while loading - but it only seems to happen while on a wifi connection. Has anyone else tested this, or did you just return the phone?

The static went away after the update.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

FauKiL

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had this problem before and still now after the firmware update. I tried master factory resetting and tried re-flashing RUU this afternoon. I took the plastic cover off, and when I push the headphone jack back towards the screen (so that the top part of the plug touches the aluminum frame) the static stops. I think it's obvious its a manufacturing defect and that this plug is not grounded properly. There is no way to permanently force the plug into this state, so I took it to the Sprint store. Unfortunately, since it has been more than 14 days, they are telling me I will end up with a refurb as per their policies. If the refurb has the same problem, I will not accept it. Not sure what else to do besides call HTC.

thekC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Same for me. It is most noticeable inbetween song tracks (sd card) and while buffering on any internet radio. When connected via my Aux jack its almost unbearable thru my car speakers. Very loud.

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
My static returned after the 2nd update. I factory reset thinking software issue and that didn't help. Only could hear it while streaming, no static with anything on my SD card. Took it into Sprint, and of course it couldn't be replicated. When I got back home, I realized that I didn't hear any static when streaming off 3G. The problem, as it turned out, was with my wifi as it was overloaded with too many devices. The Sprint tech suspected this and he was right.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

keld

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the static noise too, no matter what headphone I tried. After multiple test it is a hardware issue, the static is there when the phone is loading something via 3g or wifi, once the song is done streaming (basically the bar is all the way to the right for the buffer part) the static stops.
Gonna return this phone, I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the very first phones. Crappy quality control I say. The wifi chip must be too close or must be sharing some stuff with the sound chip.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member