Sprint Hotspot Hack

njt462

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone knew how if I could find somewhere online to hack my Sprint Hotspot to use that for wireless tethering? I have see something about adding a line to the build file online but that did nothing I would tell it to save when I exited but it would not save that line.

Thanks.

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just use foxfi. No rooting required and free tethering. Google the program its not in the play store.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

njt462

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I am rooted I want to use the built in Sprint Hot Spot but need a hack or something just like how some roms have it unlocked the one I like does not so I did not know if there was something out there to unlock it.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know there's no way to do that with the sprint hot spot. I'd just wait for a fully functional AOSP or CM9/10 ROM and then use that if you want hot spot functionality that's built in.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Foxfi like everyone mentions but I can't get it to use my security settings. On version 1.81.3 it always creates an open hotspot called AndroidAP. I updated to version 1.91 and it created a hotspot with the name I gave it and apparent security but my Nexus 7 won't connect to it. Do any other Foxfi users have those problems?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Pew446

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Foxfi like everyone mentions but I can't get it to use my security settings. On version 1.81.3 it always creates an open hotspot called AndroidAP. I updated to version 1.91 and it created a hotspot with the name I gave it and apparent security but my Nexus 7 won't connect to it. Do any other Foxfi users have those problems?

I set a password and my cousin's iPod couldn't connect to it.

mikeinaustin

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the latest Fox fi and my iPad 3 connects to it using the security password i gave it. Also, the builtin sprint mobile hot spot works fine as well. I do not pay Sprint anything for this .

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It absolutely works well. I'm using it with my Kindle fire right now. Awesome. Why does it work though? Lol. Is this a mess up on sprints part or are they going to nail us for using it?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
It absolutely works well. I'm using it with my Kindle fire right now. Awesome. Why does it work though? Lol. Is this a mess up on sprints part or are they going to nail us for using it?

Some of us suspect that it is not an oversight and will be "plugged" in an update later. It might well be something to get people "hooked" onto the functionality, then force people to pay later.

As long as it is left "open" is unlikely to ever cost you anything, so I wouldn't worry about that.

swishy250

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Foxfi seems like it worked better than the sprint hot spot. Here's some proof: 1. I checked the speed of the sprint hot spot and it said max: 800kbs on Foxfi, it says Max speed: 5mbs 2. My phone would actually overheat when using the sprint hot spot but with foxfi it just gets slightly warm. 3. I was actually paying $10 a month for slower internet, when foxfi is free and fast. Convinced?

Sent from LG Optimus S running ICS using Taptalk

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Sprint mobile hotspot is $20 for 2 GB or $50 for 6 GB (totally outrageous). There is no $10 hotspot plan and never has been (to my knowledge).

The plan i have with sprint is 29 dollars unlimited.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
They changed the $29 plan to 5GB a while back. Maybe you got grandfathered in for unlimited?

I only have had it since December. I even cancel it's for a month then restart it and still was 29 for unlimited.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
My hotspot won't connect. Gives me error code 67 and says data connection could not be established. Any suggestions?

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Foxfi rocks. My wife was paying 29 a month for hotspot! I'll be cancelling that first thing tomorrow. Thanks for the info guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress