HTC Software update available incl. Menu button fix

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Whee. 2.13.651.1 710 RD is alive, installed and ruining without glitches.

So far at least. :)

Last edited:

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Firmware update available incl. Menu button fix

Pretty smooth so far here as well. Has anyone found the list of fixes?

Haven't seen any details from Sprint yet. Here's some semi generic info I found (attributed to HTC) on the recent update to the One X; ours is probably similar.

As part of our ongoing commitment to ensure customers are receiving software updates that improve their user experience, we are pleased to announce our next upgrade for the HTC One X will be released on August 10th.

The primary update will include an upgrade to Android version 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich), in addition to an improved Sense experience which will: enable the ability to map menu function to the 'recent app' key (improving visual presentation in non ICS apps like Facebook); improve tab management in the browser with a dedicated tab switching button and enhance camera capabilities such as white balance and continuous autofocus. Furthermore, customers can expect enhancements to memory, platform stability and the overall browsing experience. Other improvements include a Single Sign-On for Facebook allowing user access across applications and browsers and upgrades to Beats audio, which reflect our dedication to providing an authentic sound experience.

From a developer perspective, we are expanding SDK support for Media Link and providing a framework for video call applications to achieve improved performance and quality.

Based on a quick check, there does seem to be an improvement to the camera white balance. Hope it's not just my imagination. :p

adventure95004

May 16, 2012
Visit site
A LOT LESS reloading of apps and web pages when jumping between open pages. Oh menu button I've missed you, welome back :)
Unrooted stock....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

adventure95004

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Screen is definitely bigger without menu bar along bottom, phone just seems smoother. Download and install painless.
If this was what I had bought originally there would have been a lot less frustration and dissatisfaction with HTC.
But life is good now :)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Rikan Havok

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

What menu button are we taking about? Anyways what I notice right of the bar was the dedicated tab option in your sick browser. To bad I'm not using it anymore. Quick controls for me it's amazing.

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site

HTC EVO 4G LTE Maintenance Release Instructions | 7.13.2012
This software upgrade available for your HTC EVO 4G LTE provides key enhancements:
System enhancements for Wi-Fi connection strength and stability
Wallet fix
Update to address instances where time zone does not update based on device location
Enhancements to address reports of power cycling
Enhancements to Pioneer Bluetooth car kit support that address reports of disconnecting while in use
Update to Calendar app for reminders (all day event)

I think that was the stuff for last month's update...

bxphantom

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

am I missing something or do we not get quick settings with this update,? Because I don't see it.

nathy321

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

I thought this update was supposed to have a switch button between the front and back camera right when u open the camera

Rikan Havok

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

Bx just scroll down your bar, go to settings and scroll all the way down to systems update once there hit htc updates and it should Pop up.

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I like the changes so far, the phone seems snappier flipping between pages and between apps. I wad hoping we'd gain the quick settings back in the notification drop down, but it doesn't look that way.

evang07

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Lovin' the menu button and app drawer seems to open up smoother!

Also in the task manager "Total 1024mb", so this has increased it looks like.

Edit: also noticed when calling people- the persons name and number on the call screen appear to be larger in text.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Last edited: