Proximity sensor problem during phone call back on Jellybean update

321contak

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I am experiencing the proximity sensor issue while on a phone call since the new jb update. This issue was solved on the previous update. Is anyone else having this issue happening again?
Thanks community

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Did sim battery pulls...full hard reboots waiting a couple minutes time before restart, even factory reset it...it's still there. This is the first update that has actually made my phone worse. Guess my luck ran out

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Just tested mine- no problem with proximity sensor on call. Bring to face and screen turns off, pull away from face, screen returns. Tried it several times.

cib227

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah mine isn't working either... It used to work just fine, and now it stays on or off... Ahhhh!!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes same problem here. Not sure what else to do about it. :(

Don't ya hate all the waiting and then, a critical problem like this. A phone that is failing within the phone app.

Update Jan 23rd:
And for no apparent reason, my sensor is working normally again. Started a little over 24 hrs ago so I waited at least a day before posting this. I didn't do anything. Same case, never used a screen protector, I clean my screen about 2 X's a day.

Last edited:

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I had an app that I paid for that let you wave your hand in front of it using the proximity sensor to turn the phone off...that's broke too now.

Idahoktm

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
My prox sensor is broken too, along with my volume control while I'm on a call. It's not too big of an inconvenience for me because I mostly call using Bluetooth. Hopefully a fix comes out soon. My wifes phones has no issues after the update.

biga187

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If this is like the first time the proximity sensor was messed up, it was a combo of the a software bug and your screen protector. I haven;t tried it yet but taking the screen protector off should fix this. It did before.

I was so looking forward to this update and it's crap like this that ruins it. I can't even use my Google Voice to listen to voicemails correctly because of the stupid proximity issues.

stugiv

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed when I went to listen to a voicemail the screen shut off & I wouldn't come back unless I hit 'home'. I turned on speakerphone & now it seems to stay on.

Any chance its related to the proximity sensor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa