Battery after JB

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth, I have left it enabled, but have disabled Location History within Google Maps (which Now uses for some of its functionality, but which isn't required) and it seems to have made a huge difference in battery conservation. Please try this and let us know if it also seems to work for you. It'd be great to find a way to keep Now enabled for those who want it but still not completely sacrifice all battery life.

I've also seen a difference after doing the same thing. It's a bit early to tell but I compared one hour to the next and saw much less battery drain.

Sent from my Touchpad using Android Central Forums

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I've also seen a difference after doing the same thing. It's a bit early to tell but I compared one hour to the next and saw much less battery drain.

Sent from my Touchpad using Android Central Forums

Do you lose the travel time home cards by doing this?

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
My location settings in Maps app....did get travel time card last night when I was leaving for work....and that's my battery after being off charger 8 hours and 41 minutes

Attachments

• 2012-12-15_16-17-45.png
    2012-12-15_16-17-45.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 73

odror

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I have had 20-30% increase in battery usage for example, playing podcast uses more battery than it did before. The phone is on power saving mode. It reminds me the poor battery life of the first evo.

Cherenkov

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
So far my battery's been somewhat similar as before. I'm losing about 10% more per day than before, which isn't terrible and still leaves me at around 60% at the end of the day. Something I noticed today, the OS upgrade turned NFC back on. I usually keep this off by default. Check if yours is on. If you don't use NFC, it might help your batter life a bit.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just enabled Google Now, and am now going to select only a few cards that I want on(weather, sports, emergency alerts) and I turned off Location History. I want to see how much of a difference it makes for me. On a side note, what do most of you have set for your GPS settings. I have Google's Location Service, Location & Google Search, and Compass Warning all checked and GPS satelites unchecked.

John Matuszek

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I'm doing too bad a couple of days into the update
u8uru9uz.jpg

And no I haven't hit the charger once during this
Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

John Matuszek

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I would love to see what your settings are and what your normal daily usage is.

Today was a light day and 8 hours of that was with the phone idle while I was sleeping. All my settings are normal except I turned off the connection optimizer. I also spent a lot of time on wifi today
a8e9u8y7.jpg

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Since the jellybean update my battery life is horrible and I have the same use as always . Have tried everything but nothing seems to help .

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I had an app using over 35% of my battery at I hadn't even used since the update.

It was Poynt. I deleted it and downloaded it again and it seems to be behaving itself now. Worked for that app so might work for others. Unless its something native like the camera app of course. Good luck deleting that lol

John Matuszek

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Putting in on the charger for the night got a long day in the morning and need a full charge. So here is my final battery shot at 7%
hy6y6yre.jpg

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I had an app using over 35% of my battery at I hadn't even used since the update.

It was Poynt. I deleted it and downloaded it again and it seems to be behaving itself now. Worked for that app so might work for others. Unless its something native like the camera app of course. Good luck deleting that lol

Same here!

Battery life noticeably declined after the update. I looked at my usage at the end of the day, and Poynt's usage was 57%, despite the fact that I hadn't used it in months. Uninstalled, will see how that affects things.

BoredandTattooed

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
If you guys are having battery issue since JB, sorry to hear, I still get all day long..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355639755845.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355639755845.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 52