Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I hope this is not a repeat thread or request, but what is a good sms app that can replace the stock sms app and be used whether you are in network (mine is Sprint), 3G, or wifi? I am on vacation with bad cell reception and I am looking for one app for texting regardless if I am on a cell network or wifi.

I searched AC and really did not find a clear cut answer so I am asking it here.

Thank you.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I hope this is not a repeat thread or request, but what is a good sms app that can replace the stock sms app and be used whether you are in network (mine is Sprint), 3G, or wifi? I am on vacation with bad cell reception and I am looking for one app for texting regardless if I am on a cell network or wifi.

I searched AC and really did not find a clear cut answer so I am asking it here.

Thank you.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

A lot of people like GO SMS. I am unsure if it works off of WiFi though.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

oehrensperger

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this would fit your needs, but here's my setup: I leave the stock Messages app as the default app, but I use SMS Notifier to reply to messages. SMS Notifier is not a full texting app, just a popup that lets you reply without hurting the phone's multitasking abilities. Anyways, the important part is that I use Google Voice. Set it up so it uses your Sprint number and voila. You still have to fall back to the stock app if you have no wifi/3g or you send/receive an MMS, but for the most part, it's just one app you open to send stuff (GVoice) and a popup to reply on for receiving.
Hope that helps.

Sent from my 2012 EVO via Android Central App

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I am going to try SMS Notifier since I already have my Sprint number combined with my Google voice account. I will reply back to see how it works for me.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member