I think i screwed up

KingJames713

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Evo 4G a few days ago. I wanted to root it like I did my Droid X(MIUI 1.9.16) so I began to search for guides. I came upon a guide on youtube. I followed him all the way to the step where I drop the pc36img.zip file onto the root of my SD card(I can honestly say I may have misplaced it)

I then powered down and powered back on holding the Down Volume button. The bootloader(I believe) screen looks like this.

-Revolutionary-
SUPERSONIC EVT3 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-6.16.1002
MICROP-041f
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO-2.15.00.0808
Mar 8 2011, 17:02:15

HBOOT
Parsing...[SD ZIP]
[1] BOOT - OK
[2] BOOTLOADER - Bypassed
[3] MICROP - OK
[4] RADIO_V2 - Fail-PU
[5] RECOVERY - OK
[6] SPLASH1 - OK
[7] SYSTEM - OK
[8] TP
[9] TP - Bypassed
[10] USERDATA - OK
[11] WIMAX - OK
Partition update fail!
Update Fail!
Do you want to reboot device?

Ok so that was it. I cannot boot past the "htc EVO 4G" screen. I try to boot into recovery and I get a phone with a red triangle and !. I have to pull the battery to power down.

Not sure what FASTBOOT, SIMLOCK OR HBOOT USB options are.

Rooting my DX was not this difficult and this process is driving me crazy. Any clue as to what my next step should be?

EDIT: I have also tried clearing storage to no avail.
BTW: My EVO was stock. Fresh out the box

Last edited:

mikiemike

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
youcan find a flashable version of a recovery and then remove the sd card from your phone put it in the adapter and plug it into your computer. rename the zip to PC36IMG.zip wipe your sd card while there then drop your new file on it. put it back in your phone and try to boot into recovery again. this should work.

you can pm me and i can e-mail you the zip if you want. i cant figure out how to attach it here! bummer...

KingJames713

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks mikiemike...I will try this now. I went to sleep last night sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your quick reply though. I will let you know the results.

mikiemike

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used that method as I used unrevoked forever on initial root during the 2.2 days. if you keep on poking around here on the forums you will find your solutions. if you have s-on then you do not have root. unufortunate. so are you running the stock recovery now? i'm assuming yes. so keep working the root method, and if you need to watch the you tube videos a couple of times detailing the process. I've heard that some try it two or three times to make it work.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
As Mike said, if you have S-On, you don't have full root. Do you have the recovery option?

The only way to get full root with S-Off, if you've flashed a different ROM is to use a stock one named as the image zip file that will give you the correct hboot version, then run Revolutionary, again.

Mistress of Mischief

mikiemike

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Excellent point, obviously a crucial step. Keep it up king James and you'll get it. Now does he need to download a stock 2.3.3 rom and name it PC36IMG.zip and place it on the root of the SD card? Or how will he get the stock rom on it? Is there an RUU method he can use?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

levyg8

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys I know its a old post, but I'm really lost here.
I am stuck in the same spot. I tried revolutionary and I got the same info like u.

Revolutionary-SUPERSONIC EVT3 SHIP S-OFF HBOOT-6.16.1002 MICROP-041f TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab RADIO-2.15.00.0808 Mar 8 2011, 17:02:15

Just mine is on.

I know the next step should b flashing it or maybe the PC36IMG.zip .

The problem is that I'm really not friendly with these things I'm a first timer.

Any help please?
:(

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys I know its a old post, but I'm really lost here.
I am stuck in the same spot. I tried revolutionary and I got the same info like u.

Revolutionary-SUPERSONIC EVT3 SHIP S-OFF HBOOT-6.16.1002 MICROP-041f TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab RADIO-2.15.00.0808 Mar 8 2011, 17:02:15

Just mine is on.

I know the next step should b flashing it or maybe the PC36IMG.zip .

The problem is that I'm really not friendly with these things I'm a first timer.

Any help please?
:(

Do you have s on or s off ?

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via Samsung Galaxy Tab

dwelder

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
If you already have the PC36IMG.zip file on your root folder of your SD Card, reboot into recovery by powering off your phone then turning it on while holding the volume down button. Once it starts rebooting into recovery, it should ask you to update. Accept the update and it will load your img file for your.

When I spoke about your SD Root folder, that's the first area your SD Card opens to on your computer. DO NOT put the img file in a folder, just on your SD Card. Easiest way to do that is drag the IMG file from your desktop and drag it into your SD Card drive.

Hopefully this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress