One click root for 2.2 in beta

Doug B

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Since a lot of people have been asking... Looks like the unrEVOked team is beta testing a one click solution for 2.2
I still prefer Simple Root myself.

unrEVOked 3.2

***UPDATE: unrEVOked 3.2 is now live and available on their website.***

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Quoted directly from the OP on XDA:

Hey all,

We've been working pretty hard to bring you unrEVOked 3.2 with out-of-the-box, one-click support for all Android versions on EVO. No system downgrading or /data wiping, one-click root, a full NAND unlock and no PRI downgrade.

It's working flawlessly on our testing devices, but we are releasing it for a quick round of testing before distributing it more widely. If you are interested in helping us test, please join me in #unrevokedtest on freenode.net.

I'll replace the content here with the links to the updated tool once we've finished testing.

As long as it's reversible I could see myself recommending this solution.

bluediablito

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
hey just wondering what are the difference between team unrEVOked froyo rooting and the other froyo root?
are they reversible in case i have to take it back to sprint?
what are the risk or bricking?
any other thing i should know of what difference ....

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
For starters there is no other root method for 2.2. The one that came out lastly for the evo was to revert back to 2.1 then root and put on a rom with 2.2. As far as bricking...you wont unless you try. If anything you'll mess up but can start again for the most part

bluediablito

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
what are the benefits of rooting froyo other than downgrading it to 2.1

do any one know if this is reversible? (un root )

the only down side that i see so far for downgrading and then rooting is that the pri is hard to update (you need to be lucky)

Last edited:

Doug B

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I just tried it on my wife's Evo. Worked fine. Currently doing a nandroid backup and then will install Damage Control. It was so simple a caveman can do it. All I had to do was run the installer and everything was automatic for the most part. I'll update when DC is installed.

cjmedina

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I just tried it on my wife's Evo. Worked fine. Currently doing a nandroid backup and then will install Damage Control. It was so simple a caveman can do it. All I had to do was run the installer and everything was automatic for the most part. I'll update when DC is installed.

where did you find the driver?

Doug B

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
what are the benefits of rooting froyo other than downgrading it to 2.1

do any one know if this is reversible? (un root )

the only down side that i see so far for downgrading and then rooting is that the pri is hard to update (you need to be lucky)

Doesn't affect the PRI. Stays at 1.4

Doug B

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Aaannndd this is why I don't use unrEVOked...

I dunno.... kinda has me thinking otherwise now. My Evo was a PITA to get where my wife's is now. Both of our phones came with 2.2 preinstalled. Hers only took 7 minutes to root, then another 30 to do a nand backup and ROM install. Time will tell though. Good thing its my wife's phone with it... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress