I am a N00b! Haha.

JLGP2007

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey Forum. I'm way behind with just getting my EVO today, but I want to root and I have no idea where to start. I have some experience rooting, I did my LG Optimus S and got into a lot of cool things with that, but after glancing around it seems the EVO is a bit more complicated? I'm not looking for a temporary root, but I'll leave it to you pros to tell me the path I should probably go in. Can't wait to start rooting and installing custom ROM and such.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey Forum. I'm way behind with just getting my EVO today, but I want to root and I have no idea where to start. I have some experience rooting, I did my LG Optimus S and got into a lot of cool things with that, but after glancing around it seems the EVO is a bit more complicated? I'm not looking for a temporary root, but I'll leave it to you pros to tell me the path I should probably go in. Can't wait to start rooting and installing custom ROM and such.

Congrats on your purchase !!! Welcome to AC! Two awesome things!

I've wrote a few guides but think you can start here, just to get a feel for the process you're about to embark on: http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...-help-info-asking-help-updated-1-18-11-a.html

If you have any other questions just shout 'em out and someone will be able to help :).

This process isn't that complicated, it's actually just one step if you use unrevoked and even if you go the "long way" it's not that bad. My first advice would be to just read over the guides a few times and see what you feel comfortable with.

JLGP2007

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a ton! I'm going to do a lot of reading before I get into it while I let the battery die and start the process after charging a bit.

JLGP2007

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I pulled the battery and rebooted into recovery and this time I hit volume + when it asked me to update. In this scenario do update and flash mean the same thing? This might be where I messed up before because I was confused.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Well I pulled the battery and rebooted into recovery and this time I hit volume + when it asked me to update. In this scenario do update and flash mean the same thing? This might be where I messed up before because I was confused.

As long as you do the first flash then get back to stock recovery you should be able to pick up where you left off.

JLGP2007

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I figured it out. just pulled the battery and rebooted into recovery and it asked again to update and all was well afterwards. I guess I just paniced because the phone was only 2 hours old. Haaha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress