Cyanogen 6 signal problems

interhawk1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
So I flashed the latest stable cyanogen 6 and its all good but when I sometimes text instead of a 3g symbol I get a 1x symbol and sometime when I text long messages and break into 2 or more text it stays on sending... and I get a message fail

Anyone know what's going on?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I can at least explain the antenna icon, but not the message failure.

The stock ROM always had a "3g" icon for mobile data (i.e. not 4g). That was technically incorrect because depending on where you were, you were probably only on 1xRTT (2g) rather than EVDO (3g).

Cyanogen will display the correct signal type.

As for your text message failure, I'm sorry that I can't help.

interhawk1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It only shows 2g when I text but when I surf the web its normal 3g idk if this is a normal thing but when I was running/ stock Sence with root I was able to send long messags with no issue

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
It only shows 2g when I text but when I surf the web its normal 3g idk if this is a normal thing but when I was running/ stock Sence with root I was able to send long messags with no issue

Yup, the stock messaging app from Google is busted a little bit on our phones.

Go to the market and grab handcent or chompSMS, to 3rd party text apps that will do a lot better with long messages.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Texts come in through the 2G frequency. That's why you can receive them while on a call or send then out. CM6 shows the proper signal. When a txt gets sent out it jumps to 1x and then back. Also. CM6 3G signal is for data coverage. NOT voice like on sense roms.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Also. CM6 3G signal is for data coverage. NOT voice like on sense roms.
I thought even the stock Sense uses 3G only for data. I used to use a "Toggle mobile data" widget that would still allow SMS and voice calls when it was off.

I may be mixing hardware components and software components.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
What I meant is on Sense roms. The signal bars are showing the voice reception. Not the data reception. That's why in some cases. CM will show 1 bar which is a data signal and Sense show 4bars for voice. If you want to compare. Just download Real Signal and it will show you both voice and data reception.

interhawk1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yup, the stock messaging app from Google is busted a little bit on our phones.

Go to the market and grab handcent or chompSMS, to 3rd party text apps that will do a lot better with long messages.

I tried those two and no luck? Can anybody give me a solution to this because I would love to use the mod!

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
CM6 has issues when going over 160characters. I just send one message at a time. Is it that big of an issue?? It counts down when you run out of your 160 characters. Press send and continue on to the next part of the message.

interhawk1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
CM6 has issues when going over 160characters. I just send one message at a time. Is it that big of an issue?? It counts down when you run out of your 160 characters. Press send and continue on to the next part of the message.

I mean its annoyying when you are texting a story or something and you relaize you are over the limit and have to delete :-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty