Faster 4G Speeds?

Julez6245

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way i can get 4G in my house? Like, I have 4G here in San Antonio, its very, very fast. (Once faster than my home Wi-Fi) But I can't seem to get it in my home. At the moment I have no Wi-Fi since im changing Providers. So im tethering my 3G, which is very slow. Is there any tips for getting faster 4G speeds? please! :-\

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Here is the link for the 4g trick

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=733773

and not sure if your Rooted or not but it should still work and I will post the faster 3g hack its a very very useful trick my wifi tethering has never been better

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: courtney2002

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Let me try to get this right. Do you get 4g signal at all in your house? Do you have 4g coverage where you are? I don't think it's possible to make 4g any faster than it is. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Last edited:

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
These are the directions for the way better 3g hack also should work non Rooted or rooted

I just was surfing the xda forums and ( a poster who had also found someone who made or found this out )

I AM NOT IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM TAKING CREDIT FOR THIS FIND OR HACK I just want to show everyone where to go and that It is possible the increase speed is definitely noticeable

PLEASE READ L-E-T-T-E-R FOR L-E-T-T-E-R, W-O-R-D FOR W-O-R-D.

As we all know, HTC and Sprint borked downloads for apps like Rhapsody, Mog, Thumbplay.

I recently ran across the subject and i found a fix. It is very simple.

1. Get your MSL, There are many ways, call Sprint, Download the app MSL Reader from the market, CDMA workshop

( I personally used mal reader and it says it wont work but I did get my password and although it worked right after phone froze so I wrote down the password and took the battery out so don't bug if your phone stops working )

2. After you have your MSL go to your phone and type ##3282#

3. Click Edit Mode

4. Click Advanced

5. Scroll down to HTTP PD Proxy Port & HTTP PD Proxy Address

6. Change HTTP PD Proxy Port to 0 (zero)

7. Change HTTP PD Proxy Address to 0.0.0.0

8. Go enjoy Downloads and a .20-.60 mbps increase in 3G speeds!

-All credit to original finder of this fix, i am just passing it along and found the speed increase. Also when you flash a new rom it will back to old settings so remember to re-apply and it wont make you more vulnerable to anything.

Sent From PrittyBoy's Evo 4G

Reactions: Julez6245

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I did change both settings - and just as I suspected > the results are the same. This is more mind over matter.

I forget to write down the numbers that was there before.. shoot.. now I have to reset the device to get back the original settings. This is why I don't recommend modifying phones. :(

Julez6245

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
These are the directions for the way better 3g hack also should work non Rooted or rooted

I just was surfing the xda forums and ( a poster who had also found someone who made or found this out )

I AM NOT IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM TAKING CREDIT FOR THIS FIND OR HACK I just want to show everyone where to go and that It is possible the increase speed is definitely noticeable

PLEASE READ L-E-T-T-E-R FOR L-E-T-T-E-R, W-O-R-D FOR W-O-R-D.

As we all know, HTC and Sprint borked downloads for apps like Rhapsody, Mog, Thumbplay.

I recently ran across the subject and i found a fix. It is very simple.

1. Get your MSL, There are many ways, call Sprint, Download the app MSL Reader from the market, CDMA workshop

( I personally used mal reader and it says it wont work but I did get my password and although it worked right after phone froze so I wrote down the password and took the battery out so don't bug if your phone stops working )

2. After you have your MSL go to your phone and type ##3282#

3. Click Edit Mode

4. Click Advanced

5. Scroll down to HTTP PD Proxy Port & HTTP PD Proxy Address

6. Change HTTP PD Proxy Port to 0 (zero)

7. Change HTTP PD Proxy Address to 0.0.0.0

8. Go enjoy Downloads and a .20-.60 mbps increase in 3G speeds!

-All credit to original finder of this fix, i am just passing it along and found the speed increase. Also when you flash a new rom it will back to old settings so remember to re-apply and it wont make you more vulnerable to anything.

Sent From PrittyBoy's Evo 4G

Will this work on AOSP roms, such as CM7 nightlies?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I did change both settings - and just as I suspected > the results are the same. This is more mind over matter.

I forget to write down the numbers that was there before.. shoot.. now I have to reset the device to get back the original settings. This is why I don't recommend modifying phones. :(

Lol, modifying an android phone makes it x1000 better. Just dont be a dope. ;)

This will only work on sense-based roms, BUT try out CM6 with working 4G [ROM][WIP][ALPHA 3] - Wimax for CyanogenMod 6.1.2! Wimax starts faster now! - xda-developers lots of people report better 4G speeds, and the rom is really stable now.

coolbreezy

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

or thats why common sense recommends writing things down

read on for the solution
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=922978

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non