Three questions - screen capture, 4G speed, rooting

BMW81

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I have three questions for you guys.

1) I would like to be able to screen cap my screen. I read that an app called "shootme" would work BUT it apparently only works on rooted devices. Are there any other apps like this?

2). Being in Vegas we apparently have 'strong' 4G connection. However when I use 4G and do a test with SpeedTest, its around half of a MB per second. Yet when I do 3G I get faster results. Could the 4G coverage here just suck even though they claim it to be strong?

3). Also..Being new to this Android world I don't really know much about rooting. So having the EVO, what do you guys recommend I do to make the EVO 'that much better' than stock? Any advise or point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

anon(4743061)

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
There are plenty of other screen capture Apps, most require root, "No root screenshot it" claims to work without root. It cost $5.

If you're phone is running version 2.3 root isn't possible but yeah root is great. You can take screen shots, tether for free, get increased battery life and performance and so much more.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, I have three questions for you guys.

1) I would like to be able to screen cap my screen. I read that an app called "shootme" would work BUT it apparently only works on rooted devices. Are there any other apps like this?
Looks like most of those apps require root.

3). Also..Being new to this Android world I don't really know much about rooting. So having the EVO, what do you guys recommend I do to make the EVO 'that much better' than stock? Any advise or point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
As cfhgarza mentioned, root is not possible on 2.3 yet. Once it is possible, it's really up to you what you wanna do with your phone. I'm running an AOSP ROM (no more HTC Sense) and the battery life is amazing!! I went 1.5 days without charging and that was with using Twitter and posting on forums via Tapatalk.

Thanks guys!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
To tap on number 2, when i had my EVO 4G i did shave some connectivity issues. I found that going back to 3G, then back to 4G would help it.
If that didnt work, airplaine mode. Results may vary.
Sometimes its good to update profile, then update PRL.
Some say it helps, some say it doesnt. But on my devices its never hurt them. :)

OH yeah forgot, when your doing these tests its a good idea to be in the same spot at different times.
I am near down town Dallas, and notice that my 3 / 4 G speeds vary just by time of day. Same location, my apartment, i have had super fast 3G speeds early AM, then 5-8pm its so slow. Then around 10 its super fast.
4G is a little better. I get fast speed tests in the afternoon evening hours, and the fastest before dawn.
Same location all the time.

BMW81

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
To tap on number 2, when i had my EVO 4G i did shave some connectivity issues. I found that going back to 3G, then back to 4G would help it.
If that didnt work, airplaine mode. Results may vary.
Sometimes its good to update profile, then update PRL.
Some say it helps, some say it doesnt. But on my devices its never hurt them. :)

OH yeah forgot, when your doing these tests its a good idea to be in the same spot at different times.
I am near down town Dallas, and notice that my 3 / 4 G speeds vary just by time of day. Same location, my apartment, i have had super fast 3G speeds early AM, then 5-8pm its so slow. Then around 10 its super fast.
4G is a little better. I get fast speed tests in the afternoon evening hours, and the fastest before dawn.
Same location all the time.

Ah, thank you for that. Will try that in a few hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroharoo