question on Apps with phone reset

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
My phone has been really slow lately so I want to do a reset and see if it helps.
But I have some questions about my apps (I know they will need to be reinstalled)

First is that I have an app that I love and use almost daily. The free version is no longer available in the market and now costs $9.99. If I reset will I be able to get back this free version or will I have to pay now?

Second - I connected to Appbrain and all of my apps are there. But that apps I have (free) from Amazon are also there and they have a price listed against them. I am worried about them being downloaded and then me having to pay for them. I'm thinking the best thing to do would be to install amazon first and then install those from there, and then do the rest of the phone.

Third - Since I have them all in Appbrain, is there any reason for me to have to write down my apps? I assume not since they will all be in appbrain.

Finally - how long does the entire process take? I assume it could take a few hours to download all of my apps and it is best to do over wifi.

Broncho

May 24, 2010
Visit site
For the app that now costs, if there is no free version then when you try to install it from the Appbrain list it will tell you it doesn't exist. Unless you can get the APK for the free version you'll have to pay to get it after a hard reset.

I would definitely do the ones from the Amazon Appstore first, not because it is required, it just makes things a little easier.

If your Appbrain list is complete then you shouldn't have to write anything down, but if you want to just to have a backup there isn't a problem with that.

The process length will depend on how fast of a connection you have, how many apps you have and how much batter you have (if you have to stop to recharge it). I would recommend hooking it up to a wall charger and downloading everything off of 4G or Wi-Fi depending on which is faster for you. Other than I can't really give any time frame.

dwelder

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I would think the app should still be free since you already have it downloaded. Amazon makes you login so it should remember that you have the app. I know when I download apps from Amazon which are the daily free apps, it let's me redownload them again when I wipe my phone.

Sent from my Decked Out HTC EVO with Tapatalk!

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
before wiping anything, download astro file manager (it's free). it has an application backup feature that will store the apks onto your card. when you reset your phone, download the astro file manager app and have it do the restores from the card. easy-peasy.

i reset mine about 2 weeks ago, it took about 20 minutes to have my phone reset and apps reloaded.

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
before wiping anything, download astro file manager (it's free). it has an application backup feature that will store the apks onto your card. when you reset your phone, download the astro file manager app and have it do the restores from the card. easy-peasy.

i reset mine about 2 weeks ago, it took about 20 minutes to have my phone reset and apps reloaded.

I did that, and the app isn't there in the backup to restore, I have no idea why. I already did the reset.

dwelder

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like your backup didn't save the app you are looking for or you did the backup before you installed the app.

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like your backup didn't save the app you are looking for or you did the backup before you installed the app.

Nope and Nope.
I installed the app months ago. I did a backup via Astro and another one with Appbrain right before I did the reset.

dwelder

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Nope and Nope.
I installed the app months ago. I did a backup via Astro and another one with Appbrain right before I did the reset.

AppBrain doesn't actually backup your apps. It syncs them on their serve and you have to redownload them. Not all of my apparently show up on AppBrain. No apps I download from GetJar show on AppBrain but when I so a backup with Titanium Backup, they are there. U never backed apps up with Astro.

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
U never backed apps up with Astro.

I did backup with Astro, and other apps that were not in Appbrain were in Astro and I was able to re-install those. But the one in question is not in the Astro set of backed up apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch