Will the EVO be available @ Sprint on Friday?

fossill

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I've heard a lot about BestBuy and Radio Shack and their stock, but I haven't seen a peep about Sprints actual stores and if they will have the EVO in on Friday.

I know Sprint has the $100 MIR, so that is a detractor for most, but I really couldn't care less.

Do you guys know anything about this?

Thanks!
M

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
The question is how many will they have. All 3 of the stores I spoke to in Miami are expecting to sell out by 11 am. One advised to be there no later than 7 am (an hr before the early opening) if I wanted one.

I find it hard to believe that they are going to run out but they seem to be claiming they will. I am going to take my chances- I have 8 sprint stores within 20 miles of where I live. Twice as many best buys and as many radio shacks. I cant imagine not being able to get one but I do have a contingency plan for Saturday delivery if neccessary.

fossill

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry if it seemed like a useless question. It was an honest question I was having, considering I'm looking to take at least the morning off work to go sit in line, I really was curious as to what some more knowledgeable blokes such as yourself knew.

Thank you!

AngryClayton

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The Palm Pre sold out in my area when it was launched last year. I waited in a line 25 people long for the Sprint store to open. This is a much hotter phone with a greater mass appeal. The Best Buy near my has pre-orders for all 65 phones they are getting and had started a pre-order waiting list.

If you want the phone on the 4th, I would be in line early at a Sprint store. If you can wait a couple of days, they will most likely get more phone shipments every day. I'm just getting mine shipped, so I will have to wait till Monday.

Good Luck

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I've heard a lot about BestBuy and Radio Shack and their stock, but I haven't seen a peep about Sprints actual stores and if they will have the EVO in on Friday.

I know Sprint has the $100 MIR, so that is a detractor for most, but I really couldn't care less.

Do you guys know anything about this?

Thanks!
M

:cool:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/14795-sprint-will-well-stocked-evos-5.html

Of course stock will vary from store to store but Sprint Store will be your best bet if you didn't pre-order.

FutureWifey

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
The Palm Pre sold out in my area when it was launched last year. I waited in a line 25 people long for the Sprint store to open. This is a much hotter phone with a greater mass appeal. The Best Buy near my has pre-orders for all 65 phones they are getting and had started a pre-order waiting list.

If you want the phone on the 4th, I would be in line early at a Sprint store. If you can wait a couple of days, they will most likely get more phone shipments every day. I'm just getting mine shipped, so I will have to wait till Monday.

Good Luck

Are u ordering your Evo online? If so how do you know that it will get delivered Monday and do you know what time they will start online orders?

rfs830

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I understand that the op was just asking a question but if you just read around you will see all the post that sprint stores are getting alot of these phones in. Now your store may or may not have have it in stock when you go to pick it up.

Carioca_FL

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's a known fact (from the launch of the Intrepid, among others) that Sprint corporate stores get more devices than their retail partners (BB, RS, non-corporate Sprint stores), regardless of how many pre-orders these retail partners have.

I am willing to bet all the money in my pocket (got paid today, so keep that in mind :D) that most metropolitan area Sprint corporate stores will have enough EVOs to last through the day, though it may be running short by the end of the day.

diplomat2387

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
There is only 2 Sprint stores in my area...I called both and they open at 8am..They said they have a limited quantity and most likely the phone will sell out..The store in the mall says they will have security and all..WTH this is crazy

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Good Luck

There are many different key facts the differ from last years Pre-Disaster and the most obvious one is the EVO pre-orders ... they are eveywhere ... not just at BB, Sprint and RS but every online retailer including Walmart ... That will thin out the lines a great deal ... If you go to a Sprint Corp store you that opens at 8am and your in line by 6:45 ... You are good to go ... Don't underestimate the power of the EVO ... The early risers are sure to get one ... Suck it up and wait for it ... You meet alot of interesting people who just like you want the EVO just as bad as you ... And I have seen some very hot sexy geekettes in these lines ... HAPPY EVO-EVE

diplomat2387

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
It's a known fact (from the launch of the Intrepid, among others) that Sprint corporate stores get more devices than their retail partners (BB, RS, non-corporate Sprint stores), regardless of how many pre-orders these retail partners have.

I am willing to bet all the money in my pocket (got paid today, so keep that in mind :D) that most metropolitan area Sprint corporate stores will have enough EVOs to last through the day, though it may be running short by the end of the day.
How do you know if a store is corporate or not?

Carioca_FL

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Check the Sprint store locator page. In it, all stores that are not corporate-owned will say "Sprint Store, by Widgets Co.". True corporate-owned will simply say "Sprint".

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
i also reccomemd going to a repair center corporate store. These are typically larger and get even more inventory