radioshack will not accept my $10 coupon from survey!

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
So I wanted to get your opinion whether or not I was ripped off by the manager at my local RS.

He tried to push all sorts of things on me, which I kept turning down such as:

1) insurance up front cost of 79.99

2) accessories combo pack (stupid case, car charger, screen protector, etc)

3) 16gb microSD for 119

When I turned everything down, and he went to ring me up I showed him the $10 off coupon and he said that I could not use it.

I wanted to know whether you guys had success using the coupon?

Because if RS is accepting them with the Evo, I need to follow up with corporate.

klimb22

May 16, 2010
Visit site
You got ripped off. I used my $10 coupon to take $10 off the phone price. This all rang up fine with the $20 credit and 15% off accessories.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
my local store tell me it cant be used on phone, but i can use for accessories. unfortunately, my choice today is totally covered by that $20 credit. so if the htc evo4g dock is coming better than the one i picked today, or maybe i need some cable later, i will use it.

BTW, i traded in my bb pearl, so another 20 off my evo4g (guess mainly for tax)

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
So I wanted to get your opinion whether or not I was ripped off by the manager at my local RS.

He tried to push all sorts of things on me, which I kept turning down such as:

1) insurance up front cost of 79.99

2) accessories combo pack (stupid case, car charger, screen protector, etc)

3) 16gb microSD for 119

When I turned everything down, and he went to ring me up I showed him the $10 off coupon and he said that I could not use it.

I wanted to know whether you guys had success using the coupon?

Because if RS is accepting them with the Evo, I need to follow up with corporate.

thats wrong...

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like I will have to contact RS corporate and give them an ear full and complain.

I had a feeling the manager was trying to rip me off, but didnt want to argue because the slab was in my hands already.

But it does seem to be a hit or miss with each individual RS stores. Once I am done playing with the Evo, will call and let you guys know what corporate had to say.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The Radioshack I went to tried to tell me I couldn't use it. They read the rules on it, pointing to the "phone order" restriction. I pointed out the fact that the restriction was for ordering over the phone, not for purchasing a phone. They shrugged, accepted it, and I was on my merry way.

Karadax

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
My local Shack let me use the $10 coupon but only because I had 3 accessories (I got a 9.99 pair of headphones as one of the accessories but it didn't ring up under their 15% off discount because it wasn't an advertised accessory in their system.)

I pretty much got my phone, the $20 accessory credit,2 accessories at 15% off and a free pair of headphones with the coupon :)

gt5059b

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't use mine either. The system wouldn't let the guy apply the coupon after the gift card. I didn't want to make a big deal about it. I can use the coupon on something else.

PlainOldMike

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if there is a certain sequence they have to follow for entering the $10 followed by the other discounts. As I've said before if they deny me using it, no accessory sales from me.

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
All in all I have to say I'm quite disappointed in the way RS has handled the Evo launch. It seems that the stores are really hit and miss and depends on how knowledgeable the manager is.

There are a lot of complaints with RS on the forum, including this one and I for one probably will never shop at an RS again.

I decided to go to RS instead of BB because of the $20 off accessories and also the $10 off survey coupon but kind of feel ripped off since they hardly had anything great in accessories and mixed reviews on the $10 off survey.

RS SUCKS!

pretzelsbb

May 16, 2010
Visit site
everything went great for me until i brought up the $10 coupon.. 3 customers were ahead of me while by the time i got there.. the ended up leaving with no phone cuz system was down... i ended up getting it first after they left..was there for approx.40 mins.. dude helping me out was awesome.. manager was a douche.. dude was gonna give me use the coupon but went to asked manager to dbl check.. manager was like "no way, not possible" so i paid got the phone and left.. called corporate on the way home.. told her the situation.. she told me it should work.. she called the store.. told me to go back in and show manager the coupon.. then when i get the the douche bag manager began to treat me like an idiot in front of 4 customers.. he took the coupon and read it out loud to me pointing to the part where it says "phones orders excluded" and said no.. i told him others are able to use it.. he told me everyone RSs using the coupon towards the evo is doing something wrong..i asked are u sure? he gave me a look and was like no you cant use it..

r-nice

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't have went back, you knew dude was going to act like a jerk since you told on him. Just report him and go on with your day.

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Clarification from rs district office

Hey guys,

Wanted to follow up with everyone after speaking with the District RS office in my area:

I was informed by the district secretary that there SHOULD HAVE BEEN NO PROBLEMS IN GETTING THE COUPON ACCEPTED! She read the fine print, and told me that nothing prevents the coupon from being accepted and that it was "ridiculous that he turned it down"

I also realized that the douche bag manager intentionally rang up an extra micro USB cord separately so that I WOULD NOT BE ELIGIBLE for the 10% off on all EVO accessories. The district secretary told me that it should have been rung up together and that I should have been eligible for the 10% off as well.

I also told her that I bought it from the manager himself, so I took his word at face value and didnt argue with him. I also informed her that a lot of people online were having mixed results with using the coupon and she basically told me that because its a Friday and the sales (i.e. my order) will not get to her office until late tonight, she will give me a call on Monday to resolve the issue after looking at the orders.

Because RS employees work off commission, it seems that a lot of managers are pulling shady deals to fatten their commission checks at the end.

I would recommend that you call the generic CS number on radioshack.com 1-800-843-7422 and ask for your area's district office number. Call them and explain to them nicely what happened and they should be able to resolve the issue for you, or at least call you back on Monday. I would recommend taking his/her name just in case since they may forget or get really busy on Monday due to Evo sales. She informed me that activity has ground to a halt due to Evo activations and that they are selling a lot of them across her district.

Based on AndroidPepsi's comments if they tell you to go back, tell them you dont want to deal with it unless it is ALL cleared up.

I will report back on Monday and let you guys know how the issue was resolved. But I usually never shop at RS and this again proves to me why I dont, because Douche bag managers ruin everything.

pretzelsbb

May 16, 2010
Visit site
he also bullied the sale out from one of the workers.. dude was trying to get the sale done with a customer hes been talking to for a while.. then mana-douche took it away from him.. he ended up failing cuz he couldnt get the system to work.. while i was getting my mine done with ease at the same time..

Gmaxxx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I used the $20 dollar accessories credit, the $10 dollar coupon and got 15% off every thing save the Phone. I walked out paying $162 and change for the Evo, Car charger and Screen Protectors. Not bad but wait till i get my last t-mo bill and first sprint bill. BOOM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana