Video Camera format coverter

Griggs2121

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
From what I can tell the EVO produced .3gp video format. Does anybody know how to convert this into something so I can edit it in iMovie?

Braaainz

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
It should be able to record in mpeg4, which you should be able to load into iMovie. I didn't even know that the evo had the option to record in 3gp.

I've got an old Powerbook G4 and used the freeware, QTAmateur to convert it 3gp to MPEG4 for iMovie. Takes awhile to do a conversion, but other than that, it worked great.

Griggs2121

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just found out I didn't have it in 720p mode for these videos, so I don't know if that made the format different. It was a very frustrating hour or so but I finally figured out I could download Quicktime 7 for free and convert them to .mov and it worked perfect in iMovie.

Griggs2121

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
THX, I found that the free version of Quicktime 7 does it. I also heard you can just change the extention to .mp4, but I haven't tried that.

bnewt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine is set to MPEG4 (and 720p) but the file created is a .3gp file and when you copy it to your PC it plays but without sound. I too am looking for a good converter. Also... didn't catch before-hand that if you have the camera in portrait mode while recording your video will play sideways elsewhere. Doh.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm subscribing to this thread because I have the same problem. Set to MPEG4 and I get a .3gp file. I don't know squat about video formats but I thought an MPEG4 format is mp4?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress