One complete battery cycle w/great results

fgkay

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Is this a one-time "phenomenon", or did something happen that reset something? I don't have a clue, but I'm now unplugged for 26 hours, with WiFi on the whole time, and with moderate use -- and still show 40% remaining.

Since June 4th, I had been getting 12 hrs max and had to put the phone on the charger whenever possible.

Thursday eve, I let the battery run down until it was dead, meaning that the phone powered off on its own (or maybe it went into some kind of sleep mode), as the screen wouldn't wake up with the standard power button press. I was surprised to see that it still had enough juice to power back on, at which time I plugged it into the AC charger and let it fully charge overnight -- that's it.

So one complete battery cycle did the trick?. Hard to believe that it would make that much of a difference, and it's too early to tell if the effects are long term, but it was certainly an easy enough thing to do.

BTW, I have zero task killers or hacks on the phone -- 100% stock, with the exception of a few misc apps.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This has 0 effect on the actual battery life itself, but it does reset the estimation that Android (and any other lithium-ion device) uses for determining the remaining battery life.

Arabiad07

May 26, 2010
Visit site
The same exact thing happened to me 2 days ago. for the first week and a half I'd get about 8-10 hours with heavy heavy use. Which is fine (better than my pre by a lot).

Suddenly 2 days ago, my battery lasted 25 hours with 31% to go with heavy usage. The battery would not die!! I didn't change a single thing to my settings which are already heavily modified (no wifi, no 4g, no gps, no gchat facebook, etc). It was amazing.

But yesterday I was back to the typical 8-10 battery life. Its been really really odd.

anon28322

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I've experienced this too. 2 Days ago I went from 8-12 hours up to about 24-36. I don't have app killers or anything else like that running.

dpg

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
my battery life is slowly increasing as well. i just think that the user and phone is adapting to whats being used and how

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699