Just had a video chat between an evo and an iphone 4 using fring

turbodude

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
All over 3g. So it works people. Get your friends ID, the game has now changed. :)

4776337104_d9001dae81_b.jpg

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
awesome. my brother is undecided between the two (i'm trying to get him to go evo) but at least now we'll be able to video chat.

He's in the Marines so this is an awesome feature to have for us.

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
this is just as great as your picture! hah!! That's so cool. video calls shouldn't be confined to just one app. Gotta love fring

turbodude

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
really? That sucks, we were doing really well.

When he was on wifi and i was on 3g, he had a hard time hearing me, but when we were both on 3g, it was slightly laggy, but def usable.

bnrbranding

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Wow, guess we can start the timer on how long it takes Apple to pull Fring from the App store since it replicates a built in feature!!

CMix#AC

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Not having any luck with this at all. My friend just had to go and get an iPhone4 and make it difficult for us to video chat. Apple should just stop being so stingy and make it capable of working universal with all front facing camera phones. And Sprint needs to update and just make it a built in feature that can be accessed without having to use Qik.

jerseypimp

May 16, 2010
Visit site
When I tried with a iphone 4 my speaker sounded awful and cracked at times. I tried it with fring and made a qik call also and it sounded the same. My question is anyone else noticing any crackling or poping or do I have a busted speaker. Everything else sounds fine only when I use these apps that it happens.

seraphemz

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried it a couple times and I would get disconnected and it would be very laggy... but at least you can kinda see the person.. which is still cool.

saywut

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Me and my friend tried it back in June or Jully just to try out. Did something break since then cause it worked pretty ok over two 3G connections. Bit laggy but, free.