EVO browsers

Sailvi767

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I need access to certain functions on my employers website. The website is designed for IE. Some functions do not work with firefox or others web browsers. The IPhone will work because there is a browser available for it that emulates IE. I have tried every browser I can with the EVO and none will work. Any ideas on which EVO available browsers are closest to IE in function?

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
There aren't any. All browsers run on webkit, just like the iPhone. In fact, there is only one other browser even available for the iPhone, and that's Opera, which is even worse. If it somehow worked on the iPhone, the only way that'd be is if they changed the "user agent" to tell the website you're running IE when you're really not.

There might be a browser that allows you to put in a custom user agent (such as IE's), but I don't know off the top of my head.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
You could try using a RDP app that would allow you to remote connect to a PC that runs IE. Aside from that, I don't know what else would work for your situation.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Dolphin HD allows the user agent to be set to Android, Desktop, or iPhone. You might try it with the Desktop setting and see what happens. Or even with the iPhone setting, in case your employer's site has some special tweaks to work with the iPhone.

Sailvi767

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The browser that works with the Iphone is Journey. It has a menu were you can configure it to emulate several different browsers. I am still hoping there is some options for the EVO but it sounds like I may be out of luck. Bad news!!!

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The browser that works with the Iphone is Journey. It has a menu were you can configure it to emulate several different browsers. I am still hoping there is some options for the EVO but it sounds like I may be out of luck. Bad news!!!

Journey is actually a reskin of Safari with additional options. It is not emulating any browser, it is simply faking the user agent as I mentioned earlier.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Confirmed that android app "User Agent Switcher" allows you to use any user agent text string you want.

You can find the app in the marketplace or here:
User Agent Switcher v1.3 Application for Android | Tools

Once installed, follow the directions to share the web page with User Agent Switcher.
Once in User Agent Switch, hit the menu/settings button to see the Imitate UA option.
There you can enter any User Agent string you like.

You'll want to follow those instructions. It's a hack and a half, but then again, faking user agents is a hack and a half anyway.

You should tell your company to update their website.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo