2.2 Froyo Update - Report & Find Solutions to Issues Here (post #1 & 2 updated 8/8)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Looks like it refuses to allow me to connect usb to the phone. This thing is pretty hosed. I did try the clear storage and recovery. None worked.

I just read some of your earlier posts. Can you boot up far enough to get into settings on the phone (I could't tell from your post earlier), or does it get stuck at the Sprint logo?

Also, when you were in recovery, was there an option to update from SD? If so, you could put the .3 update on your SD card and flash that for now.

EvoUserXXX

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a problem where I cannot change my notification sound for text messages but for everything else like twitter it works fine, someone please help!!

jasonp1970

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I loaded .3 over the weekend and it works fine. Will I get the OTA update? All day I've been trying to download from firmware update or the HTC software update. It keeps saying no update available. I tried on both 3G and wifi.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I loaded .3 over the weekend and it works fine. Will I get the OTA update? All day I've been trying to download from firmware update or the HTC software update. It keeps saying no update available. I tried on both 3G and wifi.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Hard reset homie. To the best of my knowledge

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Looks like it refuses to allow me to connect usb to the phone. This thing is pretty hosed. I did try the clear storage and recovery. None worked.

I ran that exec. It tried to connect but could not.

Better yet, if you can move these zips (credit to netarchy @XDA) over to your SD card and flash them from recovery, that would be even better. Download the first one to your card, and change the name to update.zip. Boot into recovery and select the option to flash the update.zip from SD. Do the same for the other two downloads to get the radios installed.

mhrischuk

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I just read some of your earlier posts. Can you boot up far enough to get into settings on the phone (I could't tell from your post earlier), or does it get stuck at the Sprint logo?

Also, when you were in recovery, was there an option to update from SD? If so, you could put the .3 update on your SD card and flash that for now.

No the phone is a brick. It goes through the bootup then the Sprint sequence. Then the home screen comes up with the slide to unlock... says no service and no touch screen capability. I cannot get into anything from there. I can get to the boot screen but recovery fails. I cannot get into the sd card from the phone.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
No the phone is a brick. It goes through the bootup then the Sprint sequence. Then the home screen comes up with the slide to unlock... says no service and no touch screen capability. I cannot get into anything from there. I can get to the boot screen but recovery fails. I cannot get into the sd card from the phone.

To flash the shipped ROM, I was trying to see if you could get through this procedure. The only thing that I can think of that would make a difference is installing HTC Sync.

To install the rooted ROM on XDA, there has to be a way to get the files over to your SD card whether it's via a card reader, or another phone that has a Micro SD that can be mounted.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
^^^ Same advice to you.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
earlier I posted that iHeartradio was broken with this update. I found a way to make it work. Even if your not on wifi, if you toggle it on, the app will work again. Hopefully clearchannel will get on it! ASAP

EvoUserXXX

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded to 2.2 OTA yesterday. Everything has worked great except that out of all issues, the notification sound for my text message became a very low key pop sound. I attempted to change it various times and tried resetting my phone a couple of times to see if that changed anything and nothing.

The funny part is I can still change the sound notifications for my twitter, so it is specifically the text messaging that is causing a problem. I have never rooted and didn't flash that early froyo, just the legit one yesterday.

Can anyone help me?

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I meant things like, WiFi, Bluetooth, ringtone/notification sounds, GPS options, keyboard settings, unique app settings etc... I've never had those things backup to Google, but maybe I'm doing something wrong? Either way, I agree with your general point... hard resets are not that big of deal.

That's true, although my WiFi password/access point and wallpaper seems to get backed up as well. And my saved starred items in maps too. For app data there's no option unless rooted with titanium.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
System Panel that I mentioned is a very useful tool. While you can kill apps in it, I don't use it for that. I don't think most people do.

It has lots of good data to see what's going on with the system in real-time.

My original post was to why none of the apps are in the cached state, vs background. I'm still searching for an answer to that one.

Anyway... to anyone using an app killer.

Short story is with 2.2 Froyo the API changed and they removed the basic kill functions to allow you to kill apps. Instead is just signals them to restart. After reading the news groups it sounds like the kill function was abused which is why they decided to remove it. Abused == task killers. Which are unnecessary.

However, you will still occasionally run into an app that is misbehaving. Just use the application manager in Froyo to stop it.

If anyone has any info why all of the apps are showing as background processes I'd be interested to hear it.

I posted earlier but froyo no longer has cached apps. I linked to the thread where I asked the developer and his response, froyo is just different. So system panel now only has active apps and system processes.

Quizshow

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
earlier I posted that iHeartradio was broken with this update. I found a way to make it work. Even if your not on wifi, if you toggle it on, the app will work again. Hopefully clearchannel will get on it! ASAP

So I just need to turn it on and let it run even though I'm not near any wifi service?

fgallina

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having new problems with headset button not hanging up or search problems?

Hi,

Since the manual update to froyo, the button on my wired headset no longer hangs up -- it only mutes. This was working perfectly before. I'm really disappointed by this, since I use the wired headset all the time.

Also, now hitting the search button and entering a contact's name doesn't display their name anywhere near the top of the results like it did before. Now I need to enter the entire name before it will appear as an option. I added "people" in the search settings, but it's still doing this. Am I the only one noticing this?

thanks,

Frank

TeePoppa

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I did a hard reset and most of my issues were fixed...it was a little time consuming but well worth it. Everything seems to be working way better. I did not reinstall the Task Killer and believe it or not I am get better battery time. Oh and just the camcorder is not as smooth as it was on 2.1 but it is a lot better after the hard reset.

theisley

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Did a hard reset with the instructions posted here. My EVO is back to factory, but when I try to install to 2.2, it still goes back to the bootloader screen. The phone was not rooted, just tried to install unrEVOked 3 last week, but it wouldn't work either.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks

TeePoppa

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Since the manual update to froyo, the button on my wired headset no longer hangs up -- it only mutes. This was working perfectly before. I'm really disappointed by this, since I use the wired headset all the time.

Also, now hitting the search button and entering a contact's name doesn't display their name anywhere near the top of the results like it did before. Now I need to enter the entire name before it will appear as an option. I added "people" in the search settings, but it's still doing this. Am I the only one noticing this?

thanks,

Frank

It happens to me as well, not nearly as good as with 2.1. I'm hoping they were not rushing to be the first state side carrier to release 2.2 and bypassed all the testing because this update sure has a lot bugs. The hard reset did not fix that issue but did have my phone running a little smoother.