2.2 Froyo Update - Report & Find Solutions to Issues Here (post #1 & 2 updated 8/8)

mikedallas

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
gmail seems to work now?

I did factory reset and everything, no luck. Gmail on secondary account suddenly started working after I sent two emails from the phone using that account. Hoping it holds....

droidman123

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I am having issues since updating to 2.2 with the auto flip from portrait to landscape freezes and wont flip back? any ideas or fixes??? HTC EVO

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Could updating to Froyo last Friday have mucked up my Evo?

I've noticed that since installing the downloadable update that came out last Friday, my System Panel does not have an inactive list. It's like every single system app I have is in the active list, and things like the RSS Feed and Qik will come back after I've force closed them. I do realize that if there is no activity in the left hand bar related to a particular app, it's not doing anything, but I just thought having NO inactive list at all was strange.

To top it off, my battery went from 100% to zero in five hours today. I'm charging it to 100% again to see if it happens again, but I always have gotten at LEAST a full day out of my battery. Was there a problem with the Froyo release last week? If so, is there any way I can redo the upgrade to the new OTA 2.2?

thats just the way froyo works. inactive cached apps no longer exxist.

ejc1214

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I have been having a lot of the issues that everyone has reported with Froyo and I am on the leaked .3 version. Called Sprint about my biggest issues, wav files, yesterday and was told not wav support on 2,2 which is crazy. Decided to call about this and a couple others and talked to another Sprint CS and she said HTC and Sprint are working on fixing all the issues that we are griping about. She said not to go back to 2.1 as it might brick the phone and make it worse. Not sure about that but I guess we will have to hang in there and they will be doing a patch soon. No ETA on the patch but it is coming as she said thousands of people have called CS and they know they have to work on these issues. Thank God we are not dealing with RIM! LOL

mgoblue6202#AC

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Can't find my solution...

Please help! A day after installing Froyo my internet on my EVO no longer works. I have looked everywhere online and no one seems to be addressing this problem. I still get my e-mails but if I try to click a link in them or if I just try to access the internet normally, I get a message saying:

"The application Internet (process com.android.browser) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

I have even tried to install Opera and Skyfire and the problem happens with them as well.

Please let me know what I can do to fix this. And if the fix requires a hrad reset, does that mean I will also lose all of my contacts? Thanks!

ejc1214

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Please help! A day after installing Froyo my internet on my EVO no longer works. I have looked everywhere online and no one seems to be addressing this problem. I still get my e-mails but if I try to click a link in them or if I just try to access the internet normally, I get a message saying:

"The application Internet (process com.android.browser) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

I have even tried to install Opera and Skyfire and the problem happens with them as well.

Please let me know what I can do to fix this. And if the fix requires a hrad reset, does that mean I will also lose all of my contacts? Thanks!

A hard reset fixed some issues for me and as long as you have your contacts backed up on Google you will get them right back once you will log into gmail account. SD card will not be effected by the hard reset. Give it a shot.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
And lastly, is there a google calendar app or widget that might allow me to edit events on Froyo without erasing data?

Check out Jorte and iRT calendar. I don't have 2.2 so I can't verify, but it appears these may do their own updating, bypassing the built-in calendar update. OTOH, if the problem is that Android changed the calendar database, and htc didn't change app to match, any other calendar app is going to have the same problem.

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
iHeartradio failed to work after the Froyo update. The app would open but would always stay stuck on "connecting".

Some said they had no problems so it was a bit baffling why until I tried turning on wi-fi and now it works.....even though I have no wi-fi source near me!

correct.:cool:

zexhexinferno

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
well i never received the the Froyo update for my EVO but i called up sprint to find out away. Apparently the engineers at Sprint pulled the update off the list because there has been reported issues that the Sprint Email, Sprint TV and Voice Data loss (i.e, increase in dropped calls) so until further notice Froyo will not be released until Sprint ready.....i wish there was a way to get the file so i could manually install it =[

seb_or_sam

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Flash crashing? Who could have seen that coming ;)

Seriously though, at least Froyo is officially on the Evo- just be happy that it's even being pushed out. Some problems were bound to happen, don't be surprised. It's the first non-developer phone to get Froyo officially. The fact that the Evo got it before the DINC still is surprising to me. Then again, I think we all know how Verizon is with getting updates out fast.

J Snazzy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if anyone has experienced this...but my browser just randomly stops working. What I mean is it won't go anywhere. Google will let you type stuff in (No auto populate comes up) and the only way to deal with it is to turn off/on phone.

Is that the plugin fix?

The other issue I have is google listen and podkast will hang and stay in the notification bar even when killed by Running Services. Again, turn on/off fixes it.

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
That kind of sucks because my 4 G never plays well with my WiFi.

I kinda wish I had that problem. I'd buy radiotime if I had 4g. Where I'm at I get no 4G, closest is 65 miles, oh well.

Check out RadioTime. I think it's 3 but you can do the same thing. Also syncs to website playlists so you don't have to manage everything from your phone.

speedtrip

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Everything is working great , but my music is gone cant find it anywhere , its not in the music player I have unmounted and remounted the card but still nothing , I can plug it to my pc and there it is but nothing on the phone ? the only thing in the music player is a ring tone that was deleted but its still showing up damnifi know

kingsoly

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Calendar Pad Pro not working after 2.2 Update

Calendar Pad Pro IMHO best calendar program for Android after 2.2 update my calendar is no longer visible in the settings and my events are no longer visible. In the Android 2.2 calendar program all my google calendar events are still visible. The free calendar pad program works with the 2.2 upgrade with my calendar events still visible

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
well i never received the the Froyo update for my EVO but i called up sprint to find out away. Apparently the engineers at Sprint pulled the update off the list because there has been reported issues that the Sprint Email, Sprint TV and Voice Data loss (i.e, increase in dropped calls) so until further notice Froyo will not be released until Sprint ready.....i wish there was a way to get the file so i could manually install it =[

interesting if this is true. . . . .
My data speeds have been getting slower and slower. Didnt know if it was ROM related or network related.
I called CS last night and worked with them. As soon as I said on 2.2 10min into the call, click. . . dead air. didnt know if he hung up on me or what, but my data speeds immediately went from like 50kbps to like 1.2MBPS